More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:16:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bathtime Telepathy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathtime Telepathy  (Read 6977 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Bathtime Telepathy
« on: 2005 August 20, 13:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if I ever got my lips back, but this question will probably lose me them again if I did.  I've noticed that when they're performing certain lone actions, Sims will get thought bubbles of people they know and then a green plus sign, as if they're increasing their relationship with them.  For example, it happened with one of my Sims yesterday in the bath.  Obviously I can't check if the relationship has increased without knowing what it was beforehand, so are they getting relationship increases and if so, does it increase with the Sim they're thinking about as well?  Or are they just gaining a bit of social?

Edit:  HA-HA.  No lips to take.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Bathtime Telepathy
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 20, 14:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really funny.  Of course, I say that only because I've never had a telepathic conversation with someone while taking a shower. 

As far as I know, telepathy between Sims is the sharing of memories between Sims who haven't actually been in contact with each other.  This sounds like something different.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 20, 14:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one that bothers me is all the Sims who get a red X over their heads when another Sims is bathing or using the bathroom.  It doesn't seem to matter that the disapproving Sim doesn't need to use the bathroom or take a bath, they apparently just don't approve of other Sims doing it.   Huh
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 20, 15:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am worried now.  I see that one of the posters on this thread has had their lips taken THREE TIMES.  I didn't realise they could be taken more than once. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 20, 15:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes--I am special.  Trubble, though, has had her lips ripped four times.  Because she has no life.  Tongue

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 20, 16:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...  of course you can become fond of someone by fantasizing about them.  I do hope that's not what the Sims are doing in the bath under all those bubbles...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 20, 16:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god.  That is hilarious.  You remind me of my newspaper adviser.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 20, 16:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes--I am special.  Trubble, though, has had her lips ripped four times.  Because she has no life.  Tongue

Well just for you Ancient Sim *waves*

I've seen sims think about other sims, but never had their relationship bars go up as consequence... I think they're just gaining a bit of social (like with the "daydream" bed option)...

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that Inge... you are too funny.

A proud thread pirate.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 20, 22:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one that bothers me is all the Sims who get a red X over their heads when another Sims is bathing or using the bathroom.  It doesn't seem to matter that the disapproving Sim doesn't need to use the bathroom or take a bath, they apparently just don't approve of other Sims doing it.   Huh

I've noticed that, too. Sims seem to be very territorialistic (is that a word???) over their bathrooms. They'll be playing pool with a full green bladder/hygiene and have bad thoughts about the poor guy on the potty.

Inge, I think you're on to something. Maybe that's why my sims seem to prefer "bubble bath" over the regular one...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 21, 01:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that, too. Sims seem to be very territorialistic (is that a word???) over their bathrooms. They'll be playing pool with a full green bladder/hygiene and have bad thoughts about the poor guy on the potty.
I've seen people on community lots do this, so I'm not even sure how this happens....or why they know! I do know that the bubbles appear to "spam", so it may actually be a bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 21, 04:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...  of course you can become fond of someone by fantasizing about them.  I do hope that's not what the Sims are doing in the bath under all those bubbles...

Same here, I wondered myself what Ancient's Sims were doing to cause this to happen - I don't think I want to know if their bars go up or not.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 21, 04:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim,

Just exactly what is going on in your Pleasantview neighborhood?  You have the most bizarre occurances and they get more bizarre everyday.

I hope you are writing stories and if you are, I would like to start seeing pictures of some of these things.  If you are not writing stories than folks are going to think you are making these things up and suggest you start writing some.  So either way, you better be writing this down.

Honestly...Thought bubbles...Fantasizing...Bars going up...More thought bubbles...
« Last Edit: 2005 September 03, 09:16:01 by Bane~Child » Logged

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 21, 14:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I always thnk my neighbourhood is rather boring.  I noticed something new yesterday, though.  I have this gay couple and they both turned elder yesterday.  One of them (the 'husband') took an instant disliking to one of Don Lothario's sons.  This gay guy is 1 in Neat and "grossed-out" twice at Adrian.  Trouble is, Adrian is also 1 in neat and both times he thought it was hilarious and actually gained points with this guy!  Never seen that happen before.  Then a little later, the gay guy went out to greet Kaylynn Langerak and immediately ventrilofarted her (as he does everybody).  She actually liked it - first time I've ever seen that happen as well. 

As for writing stories, I am writing one each month for Simming Monthly magazine.  The August issue (first one) has one about the hilarious tale of Mortimer & Bella's wedding.  I keep meaning to add a link to my signature - anyway, it's available here:  http://www.simmingmonthly.com.  Next month will be all about Don Lothario's resurrection.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: