More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:44:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 273873 times)
D_Malachi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.1 (01/13/06)
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 19, 23:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though the auto-dress feature would be instantly nulled by the bathroom controller, to a certain extent. Put simply, they leave the bathroom dressed. So either the auto-dress code could be connected to the bathroom controller (rather silly idea, I think) or to the sleep clock, adding to their their queue a "Change" action after the "Be Used" command, at a guess...

Though choosing what they sleep in via the clock still seems useful, it is reasonably pointless to a degree. They're only wearing what you pick for a short time, if the house is "empty" (no active Sims), but it would only be good for adding some degree of "authenticity" to vampires if you want them to sleep in formalwear, or something like that.

Edit to add:

Okay, my final suggestion/request on the matter of sleepwear is this: how much trouble would it be to let them "decide"- based upon their preference of course- what to wear, most likely as an option so as not to kick out what's already there... with a potential "vampire + formal" option?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 19, 23:26:13 by D_Malachi » Logged

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 20, 20:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my final suggestion/request on the matter of sleepwear is this: how much trouble would it be to let them "decide"- based upon their preference of course- what to wear, most likely as an option so as not to kick out what's already there... with a potential "vampire + formal" option?
What they wear when they go to sleep appears to be largely decided by the internal of the bed specific code. In this case, with vampire coffins, there doesn't seem to be any option for them to wear their formals or anything else to sleep. That's internal to the coffin itself and you'd have to target the coffin's "change to sleep" code specifically (which only supports normal sim-sleepwears).

What they wear is not inherently a part of the sleep clock (not that I haven't tried!).
Oh I would love such an auto-dress feature.
I don't really care what my Sims sleep in, but to get them automatically dressed to a specific outfit (casual, formal or whatever) upon getting out of bed would save me some pointing and clicking every Sim morning... Wink

By the way, I like the mandatory bathroom break. That's what my Sims are usually bound to do upon getting up anyways... Wink
That is pretty much the idea of the mandatory bathroom break. The bathroom thing also conveniently dresses them as a part of taking the bathroom break. Besides, isn't that what REAL people do when they wake up, they go and pee?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 20, 21:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, isn't that what REAL people do when they wake up, they go and pee?
Yeah, that's what I thought.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 21, 20:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to. Did you set the bed class to "Coffin"? I may alter that feature slightly soon, thinking of a less awkward way to handle it.
I don't see a bed type for "Coffin."  Where is it?  I have the sleepclock downloaded with the MATY DC package.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 21, 21:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a bed type for "Coffin."  Where is it?  I have the sleepclock downloaded with the MATY DC package.
You need to be a vampire to set that option. That option will soon be superfluous anyway, I think I have a better way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 21, 22:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be a vampire to set that option. That option will soon be superfluous anyway, I think I have a better way.
I don't think I saw it even with my vampire.
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 22, 02:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is surely an oddity (or maybe a conflict  Undecided), but I have some strange behavior with the sleepclock and vampires with coffins.  As mentioned in a previous post, when the sleepclock tries to send the vampire to bed or when I choose the macro "Go to bed", the vampire just stands there until I cancel the action from the queue.

I haven't done extensive testing on the following bits, and I also have a mod installed called "Vampires sleep late", which may be conflicting with the sleepclock.  Anyways, the sleepclock does not appear to wake my vampire at the wake time (set so that he could go to work at 5pm).  When I deleted the sleepclock in the room with the coffin (there is another in the house, though), the vampire still had the "Go to bed" choice on the macrotastics menu, and it works.  Also, the next day, he woke up during daytime when the message popped up about needing to go to work in an hour.

About the Vampires sleep late -- it came from DJS Sims, and it only contains the BHAV "Vampire - Sleep Finished?".  It is designed to prevent vampires from waking on their own during daytime, but they can still be awakened by the player, etc.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 22, 08:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is surely an oddity (or maybe a conflict  Undecided), but I have some strange behavior with the sleepclock and vampires with coffins.  As mentioned in a previous post, when the sleepclock tries to send the vampire to bed or when I choose the macro "Go to bed", the vampire just stands there until I cancel the action from the queue.
I think this bug was noticed and addressed in an earlier version. Try getting a new one?

I haven't done extensive testing on the following bits, and I also have a mod installed called "Vampires sleep late", which may be conflicting with the sleepclock.  Anyways, the sleepclock does not appear to wake my vampire at the wake time (set so that he could go to work at 5pm).  When I deleted the sleepclock in the room with the coffin (there is another in the house, though), the vampire still had the "Go to bed" choice on the macrotastics menu, and it works.  Also, the next day, he woke up during daytime when the message popped up about needing to go to work in an hour.
The Sleep Clock does not wake sims, it suppresses waking. If other criteria for not waking are present, such as lack of energy, the sim will continue to sleep. The Clock is designed to SUPPRESS waking, not cause it.

About the Vampires sleep late -- it came from DJS Sims, and it only contains the BHAV "Vampire - Sleep Finished?".  It is designed to prevent vampires from waking on their own during daytime, but they can still be awakened by the player, etc.
And you wonder why your vampire didn't wake up?

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.2 (01/13/06)
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 22, 08:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack is a bit too complicated for me to use.
I have tried to use it but I am not about to print out the list of bed type codes or learn them by heart in order to use this hack.

Is there any way you can make this hack more user-friendly? Like, say, have it automatically pick up the bed-type that is located in the same room as the clock?

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 22, 09:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way you can make this hack more user-friendly? Like, say, have it automatically pick up the bed-type that is located in the same room as the clock?
Eh....not without some kind of global override, which I have specifically avoided. Beds don't seem to have any particular means of extracting their energy rating directly, unless a hook for it is installed, but this risks future conflict. The idea may be placed under consideration, though.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 22, 09:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was complicated at first, but I really only use a few beds, the most expensive ones if my Sims can afford them, so I just remember the settings for those.  And it comes already set for the Colonial double bed, so you don't have to change it unless you get a different one, like the next one up that came with Uni (energy 8) or the single bed that looks like the Colonial double bed.  I really couldn't play with out it now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.3 (01/24/06)
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 24, 11:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting discovery (and update):

Why do sims try to sleep in coffins? Answer: Because coffins are the best sleeping item for energy in the game, at 40 NRG/hr. Even for non-vampires.

"Coffin" mode now deprecated. Vampires now always assume coffin mode (and will not use non-coffins).

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 January 24, 20:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have bed time off and bed warning off but sometimes I get an annoying pop up that says "so and so's estemated bedtime is less than an hour."  If I cared, I'd turn the warning on.

Edit:  This seems to have stopped with this new version.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 25, 00:47:28 by themaltesebippy » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 January 24, 22:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may just be a coincidence, because I can't see how the new sleep clock could cause it, but in my session today after putting the new version in (only change since the last time I played), random 'bad' events seemed to happen more.  Computers and showers were breaking everywhere, and at least two of my families couldn't cook without starting fires, even Sims with 9 or 10 cooking points. It could have been the randomizer got stuck at a really weird value -- I exited and restarted the game, and things seem mostly back to normal now.  Just mentioning it in case it's not just me. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 January 24, 23:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do sims try to sleep in coffins? Answer: Because coffins are the best sleeping item for energy in the game, at 40 NRG/hr. Even for non-vampires.

I have several mortal Sims who sleep in very pretty coffins (textures I made myself), so I'll be testing this with both vampires and mortals, in coffins. Did I mention they sleep in coffins?

"Coffin" mode now deprecated. Vampires now always assume coffin mode (and will not use non-coffins).

This is what I've been impatiently waiting for, since my biggest problem in the game is keeping vampires in their coffins until sundown. No problem getting them to go to bed, they just won't stay there half the time. So this will get a vampire-workout from me.

I can also let you know if/how this works with a couple of non-FFS hacks:
ElderSleepNight.package (none of my Vampires are Elders)
simlogicalReserveBeds_patch2.package (would like to keep as backup for beds without SleepClock control)
(Both by Inge, so they're fairly awesome!)

BTW, I did print out the list of bed classes just now. Took all of 10 seconds.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 January 27, 07:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only just started using this Sleep Clock recently now i have a vampire sim that is actually called to bed 1 hour before sun up and she automatically stops what she's doing and goes to bed.  Now from what i understand other sims should also be called for bed should they not?  If i set the clocks for my sims with their wake up time, bed class ect i get nothing.  The best i can do is use macrotastics to tell them to go to bed which mind you is very handy but i thought they were supposed to be auto called?  Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

I place the clock on a end table next to the bed, set the wakeup time to 3am, bed class is by default set to the right one (E6, NRG 36).  Then i set bed call to MAX so their queue is smashed and their sent to bed, and i also turned on the Bedtime warning which never seems to show up.  I can let them stay up extremely late and almost collapse and their never told to go to bed.  What exactly am i doing wrong?

Also i don't see how it can be a hack conflict since my only hacks are from J.M, Twojeffs, CrammyBoy and a few MINOR hacks by others.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 January 27, 07:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may sound obvious, but did you turn Bedtime on?  I didn't see that in your post.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 January 27, 08:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may sound obvious, but did you turn Bedtime on?  I didn't see that in your post.

I've just tested several times now and it still doesn't.  I set bedtime on, set on and max, tried setting the warning on and all that and still nothing.  It just doesn't seem to call them to bed.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 January 27, 08:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I dunno then.  Sounds like you did everything right.  Maybe JM has some ideas.  Is it just this house you are having this problem with?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 January 27, 09:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I dunno then.  Sounds like you did everything right.  Maybe JM has some ideas.  Is it just this house you are having this problem with?

It seems to be all houses that are doing it.  I'm pretty sure it supresses their urge to jump out of bed at 1am just because their full of energy though.  It's odd the only one that works right is the vampire sim i got, her clock is set to 7 and an hour before it kills her queue and orders her to bed.
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 January 27, 13:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like rainbow's question above, this may seem obvious but you didn't explicitly mention it.  The sim that you want to send to bed has to be the one that sets the wake up time.  Each sim needs to set their own time and turn on bedtime for themselves.  The max option just makes the "go to bed" action appear before any queued actions your sim has to give it "max" priority.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 January 27, 20:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like rainbow's question above, this may seem obvious but you didn't explicitly mention it.  The sim that you want to send to bed has to be the one that sets the wake up time.  Each sim needs to set their own time and turn on bedtime for themselves.  The max option just makes the "go to bed" action appear before any queued actions your sim has to give it "max" priority.

Yeah i know that much and yes i did have the sim set their OWN clock.  I just tried using a couple other bed types and still no results.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 January 28, 00:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah i know that much and yes i did have the sim set their OWN clock.  I just tried using a couple other bed types and still no results.

Their OWN clock?  You do know that you can only have ONE sleepclock in a room, don't you?  Each clock can store two people.

The bed nazi thing isn't interfering is it?  If your sim is sharing the sleepclock with another sim, their relationship needs to be at a decent level.

The other thing to remember is that if their bladder need is low, the sleepclock will try to send the sim to the bathroom before sending them to bed.  If you don't have 'bathroom uses you' in your game and the toilet paper configured in your sims house, the sleepclock won't be able to send them to the bathroom.  The sleepclock macro in your game may be confused if it can't find a bathroom (with bathroom-uses-you toilet paper) to send them to.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 January 28, 00:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you CAN have more than one sleep clock in a room.  I do it all the time.  If three single beds are in a room, you can put two clocks and set two on one and one on the other.  The clock will send the sim to the nearest bed, as the RTFM states.  The latest issue with the Bed Nazi and more than one clock in a room has been fixed in the latest version, which JM mentions in the first post in this thread. 
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 January 28, 03:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No unfortunately it's none of those things.  I've tried single beds, double beds (always only 1 clock per room).  I've tried 2 people (married) per clock and nothing i just don't get what is wrong.  Is there any possible hack that could conflict with it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: