More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:49:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Main Hood - cash registers operated only by teens?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Main Hood - cash registers operated only by teens?  (Read 3515 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Main Hood - cash registers operated only by teens?
« on: 2007 September 14, 06:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use "deleteallcharacters" cheat. I just want to send all my teens NPCs to college. So I openned a new hood, divided all the teens (including NPCs like George McCarthy) to groups, and sent them to college.

The "send to college" box in the main hood was empty.

Now I created 3 families in the main hood, and sent them, one by one, to the only-one community lot I have in that hood. After 2 visits, the game regenerated 3 news-papers teens, and 4 "cash register" teens (7 teens total).

I downloaded the "noredundance" hack for OFB, left only 2 news-papers teens, and deleted the others. Then, I enterred the community lot, and deleted all cash registers, but one, near the clothing and magazines racks.

The game generated 1 new teen, to operate the cash register, while I had "zillion" of adult NPCs which could do it..

In Uni hood, and Downtown hood it doesn't happen - only in the main hood.

Is there any hack, that prevents NPC teens (if there are any - they are in clollege) from operating the cash registers in the main hood?

I wold be glad, that if I send the news-papers teens to college, to see them replaced by adults. Thus I won't leave the NPCs teens in the main hood, because their abcense will generate other teens.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Main Hood - cash registers operated only by teens?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 14, 06:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs all have a specific function, and do not typically perform other jobs. The cash-register NPC is 12.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 14, 08:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tested it in Downtown, in a grocery/clothing business. Immediately I got 2 new teens in "send to college" main hood list.

I restored the previous hood, deleted the cash register and the generated teen, and the clothing racks (I can buy clothes at home) - sent my sims to the community lot - no teens were added to the "send to college" list in the main hood.

Problem solved - not to visit community lots in which there are cash registers...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 14, 10:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try de-12ing the cash register teens, then throwing them back. They'll likely continue to function as adults without being 12.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 14, 14:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forced child labour in TheSims2!  12-year-olds forced to work night & day at the cash registers! *Throws up hands in horror!*

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 14, 16:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forced child labour in TheSims2!  12-year-olds forced to work night & day at the cash registers! *Throws up hands in horror!*

Grin Grin Grin

Now that's an issue to discuss with EAxis programmers.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 14, 17:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But would they listen? Huh

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 14, 21:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF else would you do with the little brats, though?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 15, 00:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF else would you do with the little brats, though?

Well, you could try sending them to boarding school.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: