More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 22:35:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540272 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I am reformed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I am reformed!  (Read 18609 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
I am reformed!
« on: 2006 March 22, 10:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I started playing the Sims2 (which was actually March 23 of last year, so happy anniversary to me!  Grin), I haven't gotten attached to too many of my Sims.  I've restarted the game more times than I can count and only a few times did I miss a Sim when they died.

However, this past weekend I started a Legacy family (for those who don't know what that is, what have you been living under a rock or something? www.legacychallenge.com Tongue).  Actually, I started two, but the first one I got bored with almost immediately.   Tongue

So, the second go-round, I based it on my self-sim and called her Dylan.  I changed her hair colour, eye colour and make-up, but the basic structure is still the same.

Being a Legacy, I started her off on a large lot, though not the size specified in the challenge since that is just too big, and familyfunds her to the correct amount.  She started off with nothing but Macros...skilling her way into about 5 promotions in a Sim week gave her enough to have the essentials.  At this point, walls and floors are still not essentials.  Tongue

I had previously made my own townies for the neighbourhood, and a bunch of MATY sims are in the townie pool.  One of the custom-made townies happened to be Matt, a Sim I had gotten from Brynne.  My Sim-self met him and they had 3 bolts, so I decided to marry her to him.

After Matt moved in, I liked them so much together that I decided to stop the Legacy and turn off the aging so I never have to stop playing them!  I adore them. I am not going to introduce any non-related-to-their-storyline Sims to the neighbourhood and I don't think I am ever going to let them die.  Grin  And to save them, I won't be re-starting my game over anymore, which may be the hardest thing of all.

Edit: I decided to post the Dylan Sim for those who want her.  

Details: 

She has custom hair by Lola at TSR, which I have included in the package (shhh, don't tell  Tongue)  It is binned correctly, but I didn't bother to check the family number and delete extra ages and all that.

All makeup is included.

She is wearing custom clothes, all of which are free, but I have included meshes for convenience sake.  The jeans are from Eye Candy, and the top is from All About Style.

Her skin is a default replacement for Helaene 1111, which I got on MTS2.  Her eyes are default replacement from Lyran.

Do what you want with her, but please don't post stories about what you do with her.

« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 07:01:51 by BlueSoup » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: I am reformed!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 10:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I say screw the Legacy. It just smacks of BBS sheepism anyhow. And it makes up all these silly rules like no hacks (OMG hAx R bAd!!!!!!!11111111oneoeneone) when most of them are just bug or annoyance fixes anyhow. Just play the game the way you want to play it. If you like this family then have fun with them and to hell with the Legacy.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 10:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that post above is shamless promotion on Blue's part for her new website of stories  Tongue

If you are so afraid of losing them, make clones of them with SimPE. That's what I do for my favs. In fact, I was so paranoid I even made 2 clones and put them in 2 different places.

Go Away
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 10:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't got past second generation in my game Bluesoup!

What do you like so much about theses sims, what tickles your fancy?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 10:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, heck, I just let my self-sim age to Elder! And I'm going to let her die! I'm not too attached to her though. I don't know why, but my self-sim kind of annoyed me!  Tongue

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 11:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that post above is shamless promotion on Blue's part for her new website of stories  Tongue

If you are so afraid of losing them, make clones of them with SimPE. That's what I do for my favs. In fact, I was so paranoid I even made 2 clones and put them in 2 different places.

Yeah, I have a whole set of sims, whenever I create a new hood, I clone all my favourites over the townies.

Warning 111oneoneone etc etc.: If you have deletedallcharacters and attempt to use simenhancer to clone your favourites back onto self-created townies - DON'T!!!  You will get some kind of 'out of range' or stack or bounds type error - can't remember now - and your hood will be fubared.

I have done it about 3-4 times now (yes the repeats were intentional thank you!) and it fubared the hood every time. I guess with self-created townies there are a bunch of NPCs or something simenhancer is looking for.

I went back into the hood and used shift click on the letterbox to create a batch of townies - and one of downtownies for good measure, when I tried cloning in my sims after that, simenhancer handled it fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 15:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, this past weekend I started a Legacy family (for those who don't know what that is, what have you been living under a rock or something? www.legacychallenge.com Tongue).  Actually, I started two, but the first one I got bored with almost immediately.   Tongue

lol *kicks the Cheese Wench*

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 16:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually playing a Legacy at the moment, but it's a Legacy in name only.  The first generation is actually a CAS couple and the first generation will be their six children.  From there, I'll start building more CAS Sims for them to marry and then I'll go about getting the rest of the neighborhood fleshed out.  For me, it's not a Legacy Family so much as a Legacy Neighborhood.

My rules?  Pretty much none.  Not using cheat codes (except to change clothes), I'll use whatever ASP rewards and hacks I want.  And the above mentioned requirement of six kids for the first family and also their family name (Founder) must live on on their home lot (4x4 lot). 

Other than that?  Whatever the hell I wanna do!   Cheesy
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 16:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got to generation 6 in the Legacy Challenge when I had to reinstall and I have to say, I was glad! I was so sick of the whole thing.
When I first started playing TS2 I became terribly attached to most of my sims but after so many reinstalls (okay, 5) I've gotten to where I'm kind of "meh" about them.
I still do kind of miss the first couple I ever made in the game and even though I once "re-made" them, it just wasn't the same. Embarrassed

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 16:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Matt's hawt!  Wink
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 16:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, you are not just reformed - you are (Maxis) "re-re-re-re-reformed...Smiley. I don't remember any of your sim-me-s so attractive.

Congrats...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 17:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a Legacy family once and playing mod free I lasted about ... half-an-hour.  Seriously.

Anyway, I am puzzled here - Dylan is a FEMALE name in the US?  My grandson is called Dylan and it's very much a male name here.  Dylan Thomas and all that.  It's Welsh and definitely NOT female, at least not the last time I heard.  How positively peculiar.  Then again, you use Leslie for females and Lesley for males and it's the other way around here.  Then there's Sidney/Sydney, which is only used here for very old men, although I do quite like the American way of using it for girls.  I have a humorous short story on my website taking advantage of the Leslie/Lesley and Sidney/Sydney confusing thingy.  May as well make the most of these things.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 17:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a male name in the US too. It just happens to be more fun to switch things up. I have countless male sims with females names and vice versa.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 17:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's rather trendy here at the moment to give certain boy's names to girls, and names that are traditionally last names to both. Hunter, Tyler, Taylor, etc. are very popular for both boys and girls.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 18:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, hey, don't "hijack" the thread with boys' or girls' names - Blue will delete it...Smiley.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 22, 18:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are such a cute couple Blue I don't blame you for not wanting them to age.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 19:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I just really like that name, for both genders.  And I think it was someone's name on a show I was watching at the time I created the Sim.  Cheesy
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 19:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan is both a boys and girls name in the US.  Just watch the Charlie's Angels movies.  Drew Barrymore's character was named Dylan.  (Although, her real name was Helen Zass, but we don't need to discuss that.)

My cousin's step-daughter is named Taylor.  I have a female cousin named Jamie and went to school with several male Jamey/Jamie's.  My sister's ex-father in law is named Gail.

So, yes.  Names and Genders are their own little world.   Tongue
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 19:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue they are indeed a really nice couple and I do understand why you put aging off.  Forget about the challenge and just have fun playing them.  Anyway, it is not like someone will come to your house to check if you play that challenge by the rules or not, we can always adapt them the way we like  Tongue

I have the same illness as you, I am starting over and over and over.... I just finish setting-up a new hood yesterday and none of the pre-made Maxis hood have been played in it yet so I did a back-up of it so whenever I have the urge to start over, I can use this template.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 20:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the site has nothing on it yet, and even if the reason I did post it was to promote my website, I'd jsut say, "HEY! GO TO MY WEBSITE!"   Tongue

Dylan is both a boys and girls name in the US.  Just watch the Charlie's Angels movies.  Drew Barrymore's character was named Dylan.  (Although, her real name was Helen Zass, but we don't need to discuss that.)

So that's where I got the name!  I did watch that last week.  Cheesy

My cousin's step-daughter is named Taylor.  I have a female cousin named Jamie and went to school with several male Jamey/Jamie's.  My sister's ex-father in law is named Gail.

My best friend's name is Jaime and her daughter's name is Taylor.  Smiley
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 21:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nah, don't turn aging off, just get them addicted to the fountain youth watercooler.  if you made then drink the whole thing, it will age them down to the beginning of adulthood.  If you pay attention to their aspirations, you can keep going like this forever.  The advantage is the children will age.  Otherwise it's boring.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 22, 23:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup...I wish you would make Dylan downloadable. She has a very pretty face.  I would use that face over and over again.  Seems like all of the Sims faces I make begin to look the same. 
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 22, 23:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan *is* downloadable.  It's my Sim-self that I've altered genetically for hair and eye colour.  I also thinned out the lips a tiny bit and made them curve upwards.  So, head on over to Made Up Animals and download my Sim (second post down in the thread). 

I should note that I am using Helaene's default skin replacements, called Helaene 1111. I found them on MTS2.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 22, 23:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go download your sim. I've got just about everything Helaene has on her site, so I'll be all set. Thanks for directing me to the right area. 
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 23, 00:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I'm glad you like her.  Smiley  By the way, that hair is from Lola at TSR (I *may* be able to be persuaded to send that to you if you want  Wink) and her eyes are the default replacements from Lyran.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: