More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 07:21:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  If I add on a vacation neighborhood with the BV no townie generation hack...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: If I add on a vacation neighborhood with the BV no townie generation hack...  (Read 6416 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
If I add on a vacation neighborhood with the BV no townie generation hack...
« on: 2008 January 03, 05:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...How many extra useless NPCs is that gonna give me?

Seriously, I avoid extra neighborhoods (EG, Downtown) like the plague because of the zillions of useless (and ugly) NPCs I'll get cluttering up my game.  How far would the hack cut down on 'em, if at all?

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: If I add on a vacation neighborhood with the BV no townie generation hack...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 03, 05:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you add BEFORE or AFTER you purge? If you add everything, then do a full DAC and SimPE clean, the population of your neighborhood will be Tire. With norespawn, it will STAY Tire, making it much harder to pick up the local gestures. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: If I add on a vacation neighborhood with the BV no townie generation hack...
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 03, 05:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to create custom townies follow the directions (and follow the links in this thread, they are useful!) from this thread. If you want to start your hood with NO townies or NPCs use empty/cleaned out templates and of course Pescado's hacks (notownieregen, antiredundancy, nodormieregen, nossrespawn, and nostrayrespawn, I think that's all of the ones that restict the game's ability to create non-playables). With this combination you should be able to create a hood without any useless, unnecessary characters.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 03, 06:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood I have is an... ahem, "pure" neighborhood already.  It had the no townie spawn hack from the get-go, keeping the li'l pests at bay.  I've been creating my own NPCs now for awhile now.  Wink

The thing I'm concerned about is that as far as I know, this hack doesn't stop Sims in areas like Downtown from being added to the game, and I'm not sure if vacation people work more like townies or downtownies.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 03, 06:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundency won't have any impact on downtownies, but notownieregen will prevent new downtownies/vacation sims from being created (it allows only one vacation local per attached vacation destination to be created). If you're talking about the tour guide and the pickpocket then antiredundancy will prevent extras from being created.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 03, 14:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I'm concerned about is that as far as I know, this hack doesn't stop Sims in areas like Downtown from being added to the game, and I'm not sure if vacation people work more like townies or downtownies.

The vacation locals come with the templates for the three vacation hoods. If you use clean templates for them, you won't get the vacation townies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 03, 21:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hocrap.  Looks like I didn't get the new no townie regen mod in there fast enough.  Seems I've got a handful of some kind of new non-service NPCs running amok.  *sigh*  Time to see what the damage is...

Edit: Almost 50.  DO NOT WANT.  Gonna try from a backup.

Another edit: No, there is no getting around it.  I am stuck with them.  There is only one choice left now... *sharpens surgical knives*
« Last Edit: 2008 January 03, 21:57:23 by Syera » Logged

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 04, 02:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vacation locals come with the templates for the three vacation hoods. If you use clean templates for them, you won't get the vacation townies.

Right, the original set won't get created without the templates, but you need notownieregen to prevent new ones from being created (for example, I wanted to custom create my vacation locals so that they would all look ethnically like they were from the area they were supposed to be from, and with this combo I was able to do so).

Is there a new notownieregen that stops tourists from spawning? I got the one from BV Director's Cut and I still see a few running around. And I did cleanse the templates first.

As jsalemi mentioned above, first you need the empty vacation templates to prevent the default set of tourists from being created. To be honest, I forget which noregen hack prevents new tourists from being created, but I'd guess that it's just regular old notownieregen. I don't have any tourists and I've played two vacations. I had this idea that it would be neat for my sims to go to a vacation without any tourists and then over several generations I will create more tourists so that this previously undiscovered vacation spot will gradually become a tourist trap.

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 04, 16:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one go about cleansing the templates?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 04, 19:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one go about cleansing the templates?

You don't have to -- look in the Peasantry forum here for links to clean templates for all of the various default hoods in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 04, 23:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, but there are no templates that keep the tourists from clogging up the game.  Doesn't matter anyway; I figured out how to clean up the tourist template.

Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 05, 00:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, but there are no templates that keep the tourists from clogging up the game.  Doesn't matter anyway; I figured out how to clean up the tourist template.

By the way, where's something that lets you make Sims into tourists?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 05, 04:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there is.   It's hidden deep within the thread, but here is link to the post where Argon posted the template you're looking for.  You also might want to look at the discussion that started on the previous page of that thread.

Also of possible interest: Argon's fix for the townie gun.  EAxis changed the townie tree to a townie gun in BV.  The townie gun can be used to make your CAS sims into tourists or vacation locals.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: