More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:13:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Plantsims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Plantsims  (Read 8323 times)
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Plantsims
« on: 2007 December 28, 01:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* any ideas as to what's causing this?  I have several dozen examples and it only seems to affect plantsims, but as far as I know I don't have any hacks that affect plantsims only.

I feel like an idiot at the moment...

- ElenaRoan
« Last Edit: 2007 December 28, 02:29:55 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

- ElenaRoan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Plantsims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 28, 02:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are running an old version of Macrotastics. Update immediately.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 28, 07:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did that yesterday again on the off chance I'd downloaded and forgotten to install it.  Got it straight from the Bon Voyage directory.

edit: *double checks* yep, the one in my downloads is the latest according to the Bon Voyage directory and I don't have 2 of them in there.  Deleted both caches on the off chance it might help; no joy.  Created new plantsims on the chance that it's the Maxis sims I was using to try to get everything working that were broken, still the same problem.  What I don't get is they aren't macroing or anything, often just standing there in the sun (or walking by on another lot)

My game has been relatively well behaved up until this latest expansion and to be honest I really don't have a good skill set for tracking down the problem causes...

- ElenaRoan
« Last Edit: 2007 December 30, 00:35:48 by ElenaRoan » Logged

- ElenaRoan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 30, 14:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that you have not Nessed. That is an old bug that has already been fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 31, 23:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Multiple copies?  Thought I already had checked (I have an ok filing system...but it's not perfect...it has a human element involved afterall) I'll double check with clean installer *does so* nope...not a multiple.

I didn't have the problem with Seasons...only since I've had Bon Voyage *wonders whether something has got corrupted somewhere*

- ElenaRoan
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 01, 22:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see the logs, but do you have a hack to extend the number of family members? I know at least one of those mods (I'm unsure of, by whom) causes PlantSim errors. When it is in the game, even with macrotastics, they just kinda stand there for the most part.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 01, 23:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thank you! That's probably the answer to my plantsim problem. I had to change them back to ordinary sims, as they constantly errored on every lot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 02, 05:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks morriganrant, that explains my plant sims errors, I guess I need to decide if I want lots of sims, or plantsims.

danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 03, 20:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are more awesome than me, I have the same issue and now I know how to fix it.
Thanx for your awesomeness.

ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 06, 04:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot full of Sims?  I never would have picked that...I wonder why it causes that...and why it makes it look like something else causing it...

guess I'm going to have to ban plantsims from my game then... Cry

- ElenaRoan
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 06, 05:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that they mean the Jordi lot full of sims hack. I had macrotastics errors, too, but the more sims per lot hack that I was using was by 5th Lmnt on MTS2. It is called LargerHouseholdsEP4. I'm not sure if this is the hack that others were having problems with, but when I pulled it my plantsim macrotastics errors went away.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 06, 17:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone from LJ was having errors with her plantsim family. I offered to test out the mod they were using for more family members to make sure that it wasn't just her. I can't remember which one it was. I assume it was not Jordi's though, because it was not up anywhere at the time. It was something I got from MTS2. I was just saying that atleast one of the those mods cause plantsim errors, because I only tested one. I think she may have had two different ones with the same problem. I tested this with the Greenman maxis family, they constantly error and Macrotastics seems to have issues with them with it in, it may be the constant errors doing that however, no baby harassment didn't seem to have an effect either.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 07, 19:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both more family members (Squinge) and LargerHouseholds (the one from MTS2) broke my game and all houses with plantsims starting endless loopings or froze. Removed, fixed.
I  didnīt tried Jordiīs  I donīt have it.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 08, 01:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no family-increasing mods and don't use Macrotastics, but my plantsim is acting oddly.  His "Spawn a Plantbaby" want changed to "Have a Baby" while he was at work, he eats while visiting other sims, and he insists on trying to use the toilet.  Attempts to empty his non-existent bladder usually result in a reset, but I managed to catch him at another family's lot:
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 08, 04:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no family-increasing mods and don't use Macrotastics, but my plantsim is acting oddly.  His "Spawn a Plantbaby" want changed to "Have a Baby" while he was at work, he eats while visiting other sims, and he insists on trying to use the toilet.  Attempts to empty his non-existent bladder usually result in a reset, but I managed to catch him at another family's lot:

I've seen that before, I can't remember what caused it. It's a side effect to a mod. Run cleaninstaller, locate all your mods and remove them. Then use the 50%-50% method. It's either one mod causing it or it's two not working right with each other. I think the problem was originally mentioned around here somewhere. Wish I could be more helpful, but I'm sick, so the brain is functioning even less then usual.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 10, 04:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have the HCDU, try it out. That's an easier way to find out if your hacks are conflicting with each other.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 10, 14:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both.  HackDiff came up clean and a search just brought me back to this thread.  It looks like I'll have to play the 50/50 game to see which of my seventeen mods isn't playing nice.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 22, 19:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found one that works, made by the brilliant Doc Doofus:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101362&c=1

Yay.

Read the comments and chek what Jordy posted there.
I am going to try.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 22, 19:27:24 by danicast » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: