More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:46:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Disc? I just put it in there!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Disc? I just put it in there!  (Read 4132 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
No Disc? I just put it in there!
« on: 2007 September 24, 01:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so here's my situation...my computer is conviced that the CD for Seasons, is not in the drive...despite the fact that it is and it autorun itself.  I thought it might have been one of the "group.cache" problems...but apparently it's not.  I can open the drive and see what's on the CD, but my computer is convinced that it's not there.  Anyone know what is going on?  Is it a problem with the disc itself?  Or is my computer acting up or what? Huh

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No Disc? I just put it in there!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 24, 06:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Restart the computer, then try to open the game with "Start/All programs/EA/TS2/Seasons, and not with the short cut on the desktop.

Edit:  I just received my copy of BV, and on the right upper side is written: 'PC DVD ROM - only DVD compatible'. Is your CD rom a DVD rom too?
« Last Edit: 2007 September 24, 10:57:32 by gali » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 24, 13:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every EP from Pets onwards is only available on DVD in Europe.

Have you actually managed to install the disc?  In other words, have you only just got the disc, or have you been playing for some time without problems, and then the problem suddenly occurred?

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 24, 16:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, I have only Uni, NL and Glamour pack - no Pets, and no Seasons - so for me it's a new feature. Smiley

I have another (may be similar) problem: when I start BV through the short cut - my whole computer freezes; can't click even on Start/Shut down or Restart. I have to reset manually, restart the comp, and then play the game only from "All Programs". No big deal, but it sucks. Undecided
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 24, 16:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have another (may be similar) problem: when I start BV through the short cut - my whole computer freezes; can't click even on Start/Shut down or Restart. I have to reset manually, restart the comp, and then play the game only from "All Programs". No big deal, but it sucks. Undecided

gali, right click the shortcut, select properties, and check the target field.  It sounds like you're pointing to the wrong executable.  Adjust this to target the proper file, and you should stop the crashes.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 24, 16:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons will not run, and will return a "disc not found" error, if it detects any SCSI equipment on the computer. This includes any actual SCSI hardware devices as well as any virtual drives. Some examples of software that install virtual SCSI drives include NERO, CloneCD, Daemon tools, and many others. If this is the problem SD4hide will work with seasons, and YASU will work with BV, to hide these devices from the game.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 24, 18:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, B,  it helped.  Kiss

But there is another problem, which I didn't have until now.
Seems that each time I "touch" any item in my Downloads folder - i.e. deleting hacks or objects, adding hacks or objects -  I have to restart the computer, otherwise when I try to activate the application, the comp freezes.

Oh, well...I can live with it too.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 24, 18:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that each time I "touch" any item in my Downloads folder - i.e. deleting hacks or objects, adding hacks or objects -  I have to restart the computer, otherwise when I try to activate the application, the comp freezes.

I am not familiar with that issue.  Does the freeze occur immediately after trying to run the game, or does it happen when you try to enter a lot?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 24, 22:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not familiar with that issue.  Does the freeze occur immediately after trying to run the game, or does it happen when you try to enter a lot?

Immediately.

For instance, If delete or add some hack file, or some object file, from the Downloads folder, and  then I activate immediately the aplication - the application is not activated, and there is a complete freeze of the computer.

But, if I delete or add a hack file, and then restart the computer - no problem at all when activating the application.

So far, no problems at all in entering lots.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: