More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:28:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - WTF?  (Read 2913 times)
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - WTF?
« on: 2007 September 21, 15:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started getting this message, downloaded a new driver for my video card, and I still get this stop error.

I have an AMD Athlon 64, NVidia GeForce 6150 LE (256 MB memory), 1 GB ram, Windows XP Pro.

It happens when I have a Sim selected, tap "spacebar" to go to another Sim, on a lot with at least four Sims, with a meduim-sized house or larger. I pruned out the high CC, enormous lots, so I don't think that's an issue. I have no hacks, and very little custom content - mostly the Maxis stuff by MaxiodMonkey. I have all the EP's and SP's except Holiday SP.

It also happens if there's weather, a lot of Sims moving around, and I'm issuing commands or flipping between Sims. And I've tried going so slow my Legacy tenth gen will be born before his first gen ancestor gets a shower, potty break, and out the door to go to work. (Slight, slight exaggeration, but only slight. I'm a teensy bit frustrated.)

Sometimes it will happen on the teensiest lot, but only if there's a party with a metric shitton of Sims over.

Does anyone have any advice/workarounds/sympathy?
Mucho thanks.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - WTF?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 21, 18:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the latest BETA drivers.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 21, 19:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If weather is the problem and you can't solve it with new drivers, try the Seasons & Weather Controller from www.simwardrobe.com.  You can then just turn the weather completely off on your legacy lot (but you can also create weather when your sim has a want to "see snow" etc.  However, if this is not acceptable in the challenge you are playing, I guess there are other ways of getting rid of the weather that are acceptable, just more fiddly.

You also mention having some CC from Maxoid Monkey.  I believe there was a problem with some of the things, I seem to remember an issue with the topiaries and the computer, so it might be worth checking this out.

Zephyr Zodiac
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 21, 21:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

,,,You also mention having some CC from Maxoid Monkey.  I believe there was a problem with some of the things, I seem to remember an issue with the topiaries and the computer, so it might be worth checking this out.

Some (most?) of Monkey's objects have a very high poly count.  I flipped when I first saw the numbers in SimPE.   They're now disabled/dumped.
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 24, 05:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the sites and advice, and a quick apology for not getting back to you sooner. I went away for the weekend to indulge in my other hobby - D&D. I'll test out your suggestions and see what happens.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: