More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 09:14:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Change camera setting to eliminate fade?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Change camera setting to eliminate fade?  (Read 3652 times)
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Change camera setting to eliminate fade?
« on: 2008 November 21, 01:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to change the camera setting so that when I'm playing and zoom in, objects like lights, wall decorations, and hanging plants ect.. do not fade out so I can still see them when zoomed in. 

I'm wondering if going into my livecamera.txt file in MyDocuments and changing the settings from:

setparam objectFadeDistance    10
setparam objectFadeFalloff     4
setparam objectFadeAllObjects  0
setparam objectFadeCineCam     0

to:

setparam objectFadeDistance    0
setparam objectFadeFalloff     0
setparam objectFadeAllObjects  0
setparam objectFadeCineCam     0

Would that do the trick?  Would game asplodie?  I'm also wondering what's the difference between FadeDistance and FadeFalloff?
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
Re: Change camera setting to eliminate fade?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 21, 01:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm not mistaken, there is an in game camera setting for that. I'm pretty sure I have my Fade Distance set to "off."
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 21, 02:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm not mistaken, there is an in game camera setting for that. I'm pretty sure I have my Fade Distance set to "off."

I do have it set to off in my "in game" settings too, but certain objects would still fade when completely zoomed in.   I went ahead and changed the settings to 0 and tested it and it seems to work. Nothing is fading now.  I'm still curious as to what the different Fade settings mean.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 21, 03:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certain objects fade when you zoom through them because the camera is clipping through them and if they didn't fade, you'd see nothing but a mangled mass of polygon soup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 10, 21:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, a lot of objects fade with the fade distance set off. To list a few Ceiling hangings, Elevators, Staircases, etc. In fact, the only objects the fade distance setting effects are NH deco, and neighboring houses.

I would love to see a fix for this, since I hate seeing ghost lamps, ghost fans, ghost stove hoods, and especially ghost elevators!

Also Pescado, if that was true you would get a big glitchy mess every time you use the tab camera to look inside an elevator, but you don't. This is not to doubt your awesomeness, but is true. All I can see is it is used for is to keep objects out of your way, but I don't need that since I constantly rotate the camera anyways.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 10, 22:05:05 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 11, 03:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also Pescado, if that was true you would get a big glitchy mess every time you use the tab camera to look inside an elevator, but you don't. This is not to doubt your awesomeness, but is true. All I can see is it is used for is to keep objects out of your way, but I don't need that since I constantly rotate the camera anyways.
Some objects tolerate this better than others: Elevators actually DO have visible interiors, and elevatorshafts are nearly entirely concave (being simple rectangular prisms), so therefore, you wouldn't see much (assuming that the interior faces are invisible). Objects that have more complex geometries will give you polygon soup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: