More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:24:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Req: Remove command that ends parties and forces guests to leave
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Req: Remove command that ends parties and forces guests to leave  (Read 15971 times)
lady shay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Req: Remove command that ends parties and forces guests to leave
« on: 2005 July 31, 20:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the end of a party suddenly all the guests stop whatever they are doing (including jumping up off the toilet). This is annoying. None of the guests can be interacted with and they all leave. I don't mind the party ending, fine, but people don't just drop what they're doing and leave (not if they're your friends). The party can end, tell u the score, and the guests can stay til they feel like leaving on their own. Wouldn't that be better than total mind control forcing them to leave? I've looked everywhere for a longer party hack or anything that would stop guests from leaving but it doesn't exist. Is it possible to change the party code?  ???Having a party is a great way to invite alot of people at once but the ending sucks.

If the party code can't be changed, can another option be added? Maybe there can be some phone options like "Invite friends", "Have family Reunion", and "Entertain neighbors" (Entertain neighbors could be like having a block party where random people who the sim has never met who live on the block or in the neighborhood come over.)

Visit my Sims fan site, please, currently 0 visitors. http://www.freewebs.com/ladytshay/index.htm
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Req: Remove command that ends parties and forces guests to leave
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 31, 21:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to have an unscored party, the easiest way is to simply choose the lot debugger's "Nuke Party" option once everyone arrives. This will kill the party controller and all the visitors will then just amble about doing their usual visitor activities instead of being shooed out.

I, for one, LIKE that most of them all piss off at the end of the party. It's over! Good riddance!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lady shay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 31, 22:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that done by enabling testing mode or what? I don't have a clue.

Visit my Sims fan site, please, currently 0 visitors. http://www.freewebs.com/ladytshay/index.htm
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 31, 22:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the downloadable "FFS Lot Debugger" in the Firing Range. If a party controller is present, either because one is jammed on the lot, or because you actually have a party, you can nuke the party controller. Nuking the party controller, will, of course, nuke the party, including scoring, and the banishment of the guests, meaning it will stop being scored and drag on until all the guests finally sod off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 31, 22:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Sod off?' Do people in the US use that expression?  I thought it was exclusively British!

happy now :-)
lady shay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 31, 22:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok. Thank you. I'll have to get that hack. That's the only hack that I don't have because I didn't really know what it was for. I guess I need it after all.  Grin

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 01, 00:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite often I have guests who do remain behind, it seems to depend on who they are and what they're doing.  If they're in the hot-tub they always seem to stay.  Quite often when they do finally leave, they'll moan and groan about being asked to stay the night and no bed being provided, whatever that's all about. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 01, 03:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to me too Ancientsim. I don't understand it at all.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 01, 03:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Sod off?' Do people in the US use that expression?  I thought it was exclusively British!

Well, not really.  Sometimes we like to use British phrases cuz they're so much more effective, and sound so funny (and I mean that in the best and politest possible way Wink).  I mean, what can Americans say to mean "sod off" that's nearly as effective?  "Bug off"?  That's just a shortening of "bugger off" I suppose, so we'd be cheating.  "Go away"?  That's just boring!  You Brits use this language so much better than us (except for the whole s for z thing, and overusing u after o--don't like that!). Grin

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 01, 03:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You Brits use this language so much better than us (except for the whole s for z thing, and overusing u after o--don't like that!). Grin
Well of course we do, WE INVENTED IT!!!  And please don't complain about our YOOS because seeing word without YOOS brings on my allergy.  As for s instead of z, well we used to use zeds but they are considered archaic now (i.e., old-fashioned as hell).  I think we stopped using them around the time of Henry VIII (well, maybe not that long ago, but it was centuries).  Anyway, to find out the TRUTH about YOOS and what makes them tick, go here: http://www.wittywoman.com/yoos.html.  I promise you will learn everything there is to know (and more).  Even I did and I wrote it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 01, 04:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Ancient Sim, I'll put in my order for British Barbara now. Grin

happy now :-)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 01, 20:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, to find out the TRUTH about YOOS and what makes them tick, go here: http://www.wittywoman.com/yoos.html.  I promise you will learn everything there is to know (and more).  Even I did and I wrote it.

Very funny!
However, it may just be in the acting field, but I have NEVER seen the word "dialogue" spelled "dialog".  I mean, it's monologue and dialogue!  However, analog, I totally buy that.  We do spell it that way!
Love it!  Thanks for the laugh  Cheesy and the headache  Embarrassed Wink

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 02, 02:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is?

"Bug off"?  That's just a shortening of "bugger off"
You mean Americans don't say "bugger off" anymore, either?

No wonder non-British people will randomly get this peculiar idea that I'm British. I guess these things have been lost from mainstream American usage, but I'm old and I ahve a long beard, and I live under a rock, so nobody bothers to tell me these things. That, or I probably ignored them.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 02, 03:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SjActress - I Have actually seen the word dialog, funny how it was mostly when I was in Drama in high school. Weird that.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 02, 11:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well of course we do, WE INVENTED IT!!!  And please don't complain about our YOOS because seeing word without YOOS brings on my allergy.  As for s instead of z, well we used to use zeds but they are considered archaic now (i.e., old-fashioned as hell).  I think we stopped using them around the time of Henry VIII (well, maybe not that long ago, but it was centuries).  Anyway, to find out the TRUTH about YOOS and what makes them tick, go here: http://www.wittywoman.com/yoos.html.  I promise you will learn everything there is to know (and more).  Even I did and I wrote it.

Ancient, that one of the funniest pieces I've ever read. My daughter and I were cracking up reading it. Both of us learned english the british way, and it was hard for us to switch from the yoos and zeds to the american way. We still slip up now and then, but MS-Word keeps reminding us that we are not doing it the american way. Every time I use words, such as color instead of colour, it seems to me that there is something missing :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 06, 15:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I use words, such as color instead of colour, it seems to me that there is something missing :DG.
Of course there is something missing, the YOO is missing!  And going back to what JM said, it's interesting insofar as there are still die-hard academics in America who continue to spell the British way (the way Americans always used to spell) and also to punctuate the British way.  It would appear that academics are 'allowed' to do this, but the rest of America are not.  Joking apart, the main reason so many Americans genuinely don't KNOW that they spell and punctuate differently to everyone else is because they are no longer taught this at school.  In the days of the WORLD wide web, this is totally ridiculous.  If you follow the link on my article to the more serious one written by Tina Blue, the American English professor, and read her series of articles, you will learn rather a lot, I think.  Her piece about the reason for the difference in punctuation is particularly informative (not to mention hilarious, at least to me!). 

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 06, 16:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's funny that Americans don't seem to realize that most people who use English also use punctuation. Bit of a culture shock online, for many people in this country. ;-)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 06, 16:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, because that applies to my University as well. Most of my Ph.D's. and Psych Doc's don't mind anyone using proper english spelling and actually encourage british punctuation. As a matter of fact, as long as you use the APA manual for formatting they are happy. They don't allow waffling, meaning you can't switch between the styles once you commit to one, other than that they have no issues. I will try the link in your page. I was planning on it anyway, but my time-management is sadly lacking :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 06, 18:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware there was a specifically British style of punctuation, unless you count the fact that a growing number of Americans simply don't *USE* punctuation at all, preferring instead to form giant run-on sentences with neither capitalization nor punctuation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: