More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:53:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Customizing vacation hoods -- would this work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Customizing vacation hoods -- would this work?  (Read 2932 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Customizing vacation hoods -- would this work?
« on: 2007 October 11, 20:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I spent the last two nights going into the three vacation hoods after I added them to my Pleasantview, and customizing all the hotel and comm lots (adding BUY controllers, lot debuggers, coffee bars, stuff like that). I have not sent any sims to these hoods yet.

I have a custom hood I play on occasion, and I also play Riverview (or whatever the name of the hood that came with Seasons is) occasionally, and I don't really want to go through this customization process all over again for every hood.  So, since I haven't played any of the vacation lots yet, can I just go into the directory for each PV vacation sub-hood and copy the now modified lots to a safe place, and then when I add the vacation hoods to other main hoods, go back to Windows and just copy over the modified lots? 

Since they all come from the same templates, the lot numbers should be the same, so I can't see any issue with doing it this way.  Or am I over looking something that would turn my hood into a BFBVFS?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BambuLimey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Customizing vacation hoods -- would this work?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 11, 20:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably better off moving the lots back into the lots bin via the neighbourhood view, rather than copying files from one directory to another.

By moving them via neighbourhood view, they will all be renumbered correctly in your lot catalog without you needing to do it manually. Once they are the lot bin, just place them in your original hood again, and use the lot bin copies for any subsequent neighbourhoods.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 11, 20:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I personally did is packaged each lot I modified and put them in a safe folder for further use.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 11, 21:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the point is I don't think they need to be renumbered, since they come from the templates, so they should have the same numbers in every vacation hood.  I'm not talking about any lots I've added, just those that come with the base vacation hood.  I thought of packaging them and putting them in the lot folder, but my lot catalog is way to big as it is, so I'd prefer to avoid having to do that. Smiley

ETA: Never mind -- I thought the game kept the sub-hood lots in their own folders, but it doesn't.  They're all dumped into one 'Lots' folder.  So I guess packaging and replacing is the only way to go.  Damn, I thought i was on to something....  Tongue

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 11, 22:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look at the lots in Simpe it shouldn't be too hard to find out which is which, but I don't know if it's safe to just re-name and copy them.  I imagine it is though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 11, 23:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I can do that with the Clean Installer too (thanks to whoever gave us that tip); not sure if that's any easier than just fixing them when I get around to playing the other hoods, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: