More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:59:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do Sims Babies get made?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do Sims Babies get made?  (Read 14499 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
How do Sims Babies get made?
« on: 2005 October 11, 00:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

So, my 13 year old just married off two of his Sims.  (First marriage for either of my children in their games which they play only sporadically.)  The new wife rolls a baby want and I get the question yelled at me "Mom, how do I get a baby?"

(It helps to understand that my 13 year old is particularly innocent, with developmental issues.)

Calmly, because Mothers are always calm, yes....I sit down and the computer and show him how to get his Sims to "relax" and then "try for baby"..... I'm thinking that I surely belong on Candid Camera while I'm doing this. The lullaby plays, and I tell my son that he's had a successful try!

My 11 year old, who still proclaims girls are gross, flees from the room.  "Don't you want to see how?"  I ask him (because I can't resist teasing him).

He shoots back..."If I want a baby, I'll download a hack" and refuses to talk to me for half an hour.

Cheesy

With the generous help of Merola's Multi Purpose painting, mother made it through her pregnancy fine, and my 13 year old now has a baby boy.  This was either a good experience, or I've warped his impression of how babies are made forever.  "Just relax, my Mom told me we have to relax!"

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: How do Sims Babies get made?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 11, 00:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is hilarious

Aren't kids funny sometimes.
KookieDoe
Exasperating Eyesore

So Long and Goodnight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 11, 00:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy funny...being 14 myself it sounds like my mum would never do.  She just hates the sims and i dont bother showing her how my teens have babies.

"So long, and good night"

MATY buddies: Jarsie and Bondage :-)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 11, 00:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the kid is 13 and doesn't know how babies are made? Yeesh. I knew THAT when I was 6.
KookieDoe
Exasperating Eyesore

So Long and Goodnight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 11, 00:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7 for me...

but i think its more like he didnt know how sim babies were made

"So long, and good night"

MATY buddies: Jarsie and Bondage :-)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 11, 02:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way to sound completely insensitive, Andygal:

(It helps to understand that my 13 year old is particularly innocent, with developmental issues.)

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 11, 02:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 11, 03:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, it happens.  My wife and her next youngest sister didn't know how babies were made at age 13.  But the youngest sister, born a couple of years before my wife graduated high school, knew very well.  And put it into practice.  She got pregnant at 13, on purpose.

Given the extreme range of ages when kids learn where babies really do come from, nothing surprises me any more.  Six, 13, 18, 25.... heck, I wouldn't be surprised if some people never did learn what caused pregnancy.

Doctor to mother who just had her sixth child:  "You know, they know what causes that now."

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 11, 05:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah,  I knew where babies came from when I was 6.  The social worker brings them.  (My mom adopted her last several children -including me)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 11, 05:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

He shoots back..."If I want a baby, I'll download a hack" and refuses to talk to me for half an hour.

Cheesy

And of course, you must remind him of this when he's older.

My mother was pregnant with my little sister when I was 6. By the time my sister was born, I had asked all the "right" questions and my mother explained (even using a biology book for pictures) where babies "came from". Of course, being 6, I proclaimed "eewww! that's gross! I'll never do that!" And throughout my teen years, my mother repeatedly reminded me of this (hoping that I hadn't changed my mind on the subject).  Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 11, 06:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*wipes away tears of laughter*

Oh Windy Moon...........way to handle a very 'delicate' situation  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 11, 08:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah,  I knew where babies came from when I was 6.  The social worker brings them.  (My mom adopted her last several children -including me)

Lemme guess:  the social worker had skinny legs, long thin nose... looked sorta like a.... stork, right? Smiley  Good on your mom.

I do love the response from windy_moon's 11 year old.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 11, 08:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My MIL is an OB/GYN, so when she was pregnant with my BIL, she explained to my husband, who was 6 at the time, exactly how babies are made, with the right kind of book.  That he then wanted to take in for Show and Tell in kindergarten!   For some reason the teacher was having none of that, and he remembers not understanding what her problem was!  Cheesy

He was 13 when his mom was pregnant with his youngest brother, and his sister, who was 3 at the time, knew all about how babies were made from an age-appropriate DVD my MIL brought home from the office for her.  And she wanted to share this exciting information with anyone who would listen- most notably the cashiers at the grocery store, which made him just about die from embarassment! ROFL

I was 10 when I learned where babies came from, when my Mom sent me down in front of the PBS show about it.  Roll Eyes  I probably would have found it much more interesting if they'd explained it more when she was pregnant with my brother when I was 3.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 11, 10:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi that is so funny I laughed alot and ended up hurting myself again. I was in a car accedent today and have a very sore strem From the bloddy seatbelt but it saved me from hitting my head on the stering wheel. I laughed so much it hurt and hurt I shouldnt laugh so much
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 11, 14:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi that is so funny I laughed alot and ended up hurting myself again. I was in a car accedent today and have a very sore strem From the bloddy seatbelt but it saved me from hitting my head on the stering wheel. I laughed so much it hurt and hurt I shouldnt laugh so much
Wow, I'm glad you're ok.  Laughter is good medicine though, although it does hurt sometimes. Smiley
Niomi
Asinine Airhead

WTFBBQzoxx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 11, 15:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LoL, that's hilarious!

Heheh, it just seemed logical to me, as my family had no qualms hanging around in their undies. Dad had a thing certainly shaped and mom had another thing the size and shape to accommodate it, so why wouldn't they use them that way?

!!!!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 11, 15:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when I was 10, I had a friend who was the neighborhood kid parents warn you about. She told me all about sex and how babies were made. I told her, "Well, maybe your parents do that,  but mine don't!". I thought she was a pervert. And her parents, too.

But, seriously, my parents don't. Ew.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 06:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're all so fortunate to find out about things like that in such innocent ways!  I learned when I was five years old from one of my dad's cousins who had it in his mind he was going to molest me and tried to make it sound as appealing as possible.  I'm just so glad my mom had warned me to never be alone with him and I went running as fast as I could into the other room where there were people.  I only wish I'd have had the nerve to tell my mom he had 'tried' something because I think she would've taken care of his little problem then and there.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 13, 07:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Misty... that's just... I can't think of the word.  Give me his name and address, and I'll make sure he never tries it again to anybody.  I'm someone who thinks of castration as being the beginning of the punishment for that, not the end.

I feel somewhat insensitive telling my story now, but I'll do it all the same. Wink

I was ten and my friend, who was seven(!) told me that you had to have sex to have babies.  I denied it.  My parents just wanted me, so I came.  I haven't worked out the details about just HOW I arrived, but my parents would never do anything like that.  Just like yours Brynne, parents just don't do those things Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 13, 07:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son knew how way too early too...way to go, bio-mom. Embarrassed
Which is why I got nauseous by certain threads at MTS2 where people clamored for hacks that will allow things like that.

I found out (sort of) from schoolmates in first grade, but very sketchy info and very innocent.

INTJ
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 13, 07:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know how babies were made until I was in Junior High. I knew pple had sex to have babies, but I never knew what exactly sex was. Until one day, after bio class, I was looking at the diagrams of the male & female reproductive systems. The female diagram went in a certain way, and the male one went out a certain way....And all of a sudden it hit me. And that is how I learned what sex was.

I think it's quite possibly the most uninteresting way to learn about something like sex.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 13, 07:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Misty... that's just... I can't think of the word.  Give me his name and address, and I'll make sure he never tries it again to anybody.  I'm someone who thinks of castration as being the beginning of the punishment for that, not the end.

Yep.  I couldn't agree more.  They all need that done, then locked up for life.  I've just counted my blessings over the years because I was one of the very few who got away from him.

I feel somewhat insensitive telling my story now, but I'll do it all the same. Wink

No need to feel that way!  I'm happy to see most people found out about this kind of thing in a good way.  I've tried to do that with my kids too and so far they're extremely well-adjusted.

I was ten and my friend, who was seven(!) told me that you had to have sex to have babies.  I denied it.  My parents just wanted me, so I came.  I haven't worked out the details about just HOW I arrived, but my parents would never do anything like that.  Just like yours Brynne, parents just don't do those things Cheesy

Yep, there's just no way parents would do such a thing!  Shocked

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 13, 15:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, there's just no way parents would do such a thing!  Shocked
I know what you mean, but the ironic thing is that that is exactly what makes them parents!  Cheesy
Trixiet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 13, 22:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and think about your GRANDPARENTS!

Ick, just Ick, and I AM a parent Smiley

I still say that Sims is teaching my kids life lessons the best way.

#1 You can't afford to buy everything, so chose carefully.
#2 Babies are HARD to take care of, don't do it until you have enough money to hire help.
#3 Pregnancy can kill, so whoo hoo instead of try for baby whenever possible (use protection)
#4 If you don't do your homework, the Social Worker will take you away.

Seriously, #4 worked! My then 9 year old son was fighting me every day to get his homework done. i would literally stand there and flick him on the head every 30 seconds as his attention wandered. One day he was playing his 2nd generation Legacy child and BAM! The social worker showed up because she got an F in school. My poor son was traumatized. He refused to play TS2 for 3 weeks! I finally showed him how to get the fun up quickly after school, and how to study, etc.

Most amazing thing, literally from that day on, I have not had to fight him on homework! I can sit across the room and merely speak his name every 10-20 minutes to get him back on track! THANK GOD FOR MAXIS!!!

Trixie
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 13, 23:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Trixie, you are cracking me up!   Grin

I've used Sims to "drive" home my own little life lessons with my boys, too...even if I have been put in some, cough, awkward spots as the moment that started the thread.

Rule number one is, you treat your Sims well or you don't play the game. Not saying how I think anyone else other than my children should play their own games in the privacy of their own homes, just talking about my kids. 

My oldest son (who is LD with sort of Aspergers), needed some extra help to make sure he didn't have the Grim Reaper calling regularly....so I've put Merola's Multi Painting in his houses and taught him how to use that.   He runs a happy little world with happy little Sims who magically get everything they need. 

My 11 year old has decided to join me in playing without money cheats or heavy use of other kinds of cheat objects. I had a nice Mom moment when he said to me the other week, "You know, you're right, it's more fun when you have to work for it."

Of course, we both have the "no homework" hack installed because we hate homework.

Proving that parenting is really only as good as the parent, huh?  Wink

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: