More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 11:25:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Blank memory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blank memory?  (Read 3649 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Blank memory?
« on: 2005 October 18, 17:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims frequently get a memory that looks like this:

[invisible] ---

It seems to happen after they jump out of an action, or maybe they jump out because they get this memory.  Either way, anyone know what I can do about it?  I don't have University or Nightlife, and I do have most of Pescado's hacks, and I also have the patch from Maxis.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Blank memory?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 18, 17:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like the blank icon bug. Do you have a remote control on the lot? Get rid of it. This bug starts with a sim playing with it and then you saving the game while he is playing with it. NOw if you had NL there is a patch for this problem or Uni but there is a work around for it. Im not sure if you can do it with sims2 . If you do a search on the blank icon bug there is a link to a workaround.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 18, 18:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has owned a remote control car though.  Also, it's a memory, and from reading the "blank icon bug" it looks more like that affected wants/fears rather than memories, yes?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 18, 18:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Mrs. Crumplebottom got bitten by a vampire?  If so that corrupts the objects.package file.  You will to replace it, you can find it on Nightlife CD2, make sure after you copy it back to mark the file as "read-only" to avoid it happens again.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 18, 20:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  I don't have University or Nightlife, so no one has gotten bitten by anything.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 18, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it doesn't just affect wants. It affects memories too. Replacing the objects.package should do it. You could also make the file read only so that it doesn't get screwed up in the future.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 19, 00:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a new install of the Sims 2, and when I reinstalled it, after I applied the patch, I made sure to make the objects.package read only.  They're still jumping and getting the blank memory though.

I really do appreciate everyone trying to help.  I just wish I could figure out what it was.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: