More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:41:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Baffling Errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baffling Errors  (Read 5446 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Baffling Errors
« on: 2006 August 25, 16:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gone ages without any errors other than those things that are in testing. Now I'm getting 2 errors that have me baffled.

The first is a toddler trying to autonomously dance to the stereo. This error is intermittent.

The second error is only occuring on one lot. The mailman comes and tries to check the mail or put new mail in and I get the error. When I click reset, he walks around to the other side of the mailbox and then back to the front. As soon as he opens the mailbox again, the error occurs again. It is in a cycle and I can't seem to get out of it. I can move the occupant out of the lot, but I'm concerned about what is causing the error in the first place.

I haven't done anything new lately except update a few MATY mods and delete some less awesome ones. The mailbox lot had Windkeeper's cover on it. I updated to the more awesome version (yes, I removed the original mesh). But I've reloaded the lot several times. The error occurs whether the old cover is in place, a new one is in place, or no cover is on it at all, before the mailman comes onto the lot. I don't know what else to try.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Baffling Errors
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 25, 18:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there an old Jeffistani "bad mail fix"? And my guess is that NL or OFB, with the changes to dancing, managed to somehow break toddler dances.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 26, 06:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same mailman loop error.  Dizzy looked at my logs and the mailman was trying to put the obstacle course in my mailbox.  I ended up deleting the mailbox and replacing it with another from Sim a Little Dream A Lot.  Didn't have a problem with it after that.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 26, 12:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a toddler dance the other day, so it's not an expansion in itself that's doing it.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 26, 14:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the mailman was trying to put the obstacle course in my mailbox.

ROFL! How did that happen?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 26, 16:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I gave up and deleted the lot with the mail problem. I don't see a mail fix anywhere, and the problem was local to one lot.

I don't know what's with the intermittent toddler dancing error. They always danced autonomously fine before and I haven't changed any mods that would affect it. Unless macrotastics changed something in dancing that could have leaked over to toddler, that would be the only recently updated mod that even has a remote chance of affecting stereo or dancing.

But it could be one of those things that just happen anyway. I'm going to watch some other lots and see how their toddlers do.

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 26, 16:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the mailman was trying to put the obstacle course in my mailbox.

ROFL! How did that happen?

*shrugs

It was right after NL came out and I chalked it up to a glitch with the love letter/dinner coupons/5 star date rewards and didn't think much about it after I fixed it.  It was a Legacy lot and my Legacy lots tended to implode after about gen 4 back then.  The same family in the second generation had their mailbox ciompletely disappear once.  I caught it before the save and went and stalked the mailbox with a camera til I caught it on film.  Just *poof* disappeared.    That is how I found the replacement mailbox in the first place.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 26, 18:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably in the bad old days of disappearing portals and other random objects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 27, 00:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually yes.  That same lot is also why I searched and found Crammyboy's portal fix.  Needless to say I never finished that Legacy family.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 28, 03:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that it helps now, but for future reference if it happens again, the 'invalid mail fix' is on the college adjuster.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 28, 08:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does help for future reference. I was searching the site for a download. I never even thought at looking at the college adjuster.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: