More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 00:14:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Types of Game Play?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Types of Game Play?  (Read 3780 times)
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Two Types of Game Play?
« on: 2008 February 21, 08:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had installed Sims2  and the ep's, I think I remembered seeing that there were 2 types of game play, like one for the beginner and the other more advanced for the more experienced. Does anyone know what difference there is in game play between these 2 choices? Is it possible to switch game play modes mid game or is an entire new installation needed before being able to switch? Thank you for any informaiton.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Two Types of Game Play?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 21, 09:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing set up for a beginner that I'm aware of is the tutorial, it's on the main screen when you select a hood and you can take the tutorial at any time just by clicking on it...

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 21, 09:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only distinction between the beginner and advanced that I remember is the installation.  If you pick beginner it installs direct to your main drive, if you pick advanced you can choose where you want it to install.  I don't think TS2 has different levels of difficulty but I think the Stories series does.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 21, 13:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Story mode in the Stories series is a good introduction for beginners, to what the game can do.

More F than you
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 21, 18:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had installed Sims2  and the ep's, I think I remembered seeing that there were 2 types of game play, like one for the beginner and the other more advanced for the more experienced. Does anyone know what difference there is in game play between these 2 choices? Is it possible to switch game play modes mid game or is an entire new installation needed before being able to switch? Thank you for any informaiton.

It's not game play hun, it's "advanced user" options. As in, the other option installs the game automatically to a certain location, the "advanced user" means that you know what you are doing with your computer and want to choose where the game installs.
There is a little tutorial in the game, but it's very dull.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 21, 20:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all very much for the responses and clarification, it eliminates my confusion Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 21, 20:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a little tutorial in the game, but it's very dull.
Game tutorials are typically not only dull, but also insulting to your intelligence. The stories "difficulty" settings adjust motive decays and gains, with "Wussy" being like 4 times easier than The Real Game, and Wimp being about 2x easier. The "Hard" setting is the same level as Real TS2. Naturally, all REAL simmers should play on HARD. All else is for greater cowards and lesser wimps!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: