More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 05:04:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't have FFS, but apparently I do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't have FFS, but apparently I do?  (Read 6605 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
I don't have FFS, but apparently I do?
« on: 2006 June 04, 11:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just on the official BBS answering BlueSoup's thread when I happened to check my profile.  I noticed that it says I have Family Fun Stuff, but I don't!  I do have the Christmas pack thing (downloaded from here somewhere ... ahem), but that's not the same thing as far as I know.  The icon for it is a wheel (no idea why).  So does Maxis think I have FFS and not realise I have the other one, or what?  I don't even recall registering the Christmas pack, but I suppose I must have.  Seems unlikely I could have though, with it not being .. er ... official, but there you are.  Very puzzling.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: I don't have FFS, but apparently I do?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 11:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't, your is grayed out. If you did have it, it would have been a brown wood with with the plumb bob.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 16:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not greyed-out.  It's a wheel and if I hover my mouse over it, it says "The Sims 2 SP1 Family Fun Stuff Pack".  There is no mention at all of SP2, which presumably is the one I have.  The only one greyed-out is the original game.  I couldn't register that because I bought it off EBay thinking it was new and it was already registered.  I have no idea why they've registered it as the Fun Pack, but maybe as they have I can download all the stuff?  Not that I want it, of course, but if I can have it, I may as well have it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 16:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your name on the TS2 BBS is AncientSim, then I looked at your page and the FFS icon is, indeed, "greyed out" -- except it's so skinny it looks brown, not grey.  People with FFS have a lighter brown wheel with a green 2 on it.  Pick some random SimPages and check it out -- you'll see the difference.  (fwiw, lots of people on the BBS have been confused about that because the inactive icon looks brown/black rather than grey due to its thinness).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 16:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no SP2 (yet).

The Xmas pack is not seen as a shopping pack (and therefore doesn't conflict like FFS does).
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 16:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Difference between the two icons:

Has got FFS:

Has not got FFS:

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 04, 16:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Difference between the two icons:

Has got FFS:

Has not got FFS:

Nicely done. I wanted to do something like that to demonstrate the difference, but was not awesome enough ;-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 04, 18:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it should have been GIVEN to all of us who already had Sims 2 anyway, in my opinion!

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 04, 19:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it should have been GIVEN to all of us who already had Sims 2 anyway, in my opinion!

That's what I said about the Holiday Pack.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 04, 20:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why I wouldn't buy it!  Let's face it, for very little more, we could have bought the whole sims2 set again, including the holiday add-ons!

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 04, 20:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I checked the price of the Holiday Edition it was $10 less than what I paid for TS2.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 04, 20:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means we were ripped off!  (Not so much because that was cheaper, you expect them to lower the price after a while, but to include more things for less than we paid for what we got is unfair.  Mind you, they did the same with Sims1 with the de Luxe edition.

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 04, 20:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim,

you aren't crazy. My profile says I have it too. Maybe it is a black v. brown thing, as stated here, bbut it definitely gives the appeartance of the pack having been purchased.

When I saw mine several weeks ago and I can't get in to edit it to make it correct, I figured it was some sneaky thing that EA came up wth that makes it look like the pack is very popular regardless of what all the boards say.

I know I am very cynical....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 04, 20:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, cynicism is par for the course when dealing with Maxis!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 04, 21:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim,

you aren't crazy. My profile says I have it too. Maybe it is a black v. brown thing, as stated here, bbut it definitely gives the appeartance of the pack having been purchased.

When I saw mine several weeks ago and I can't get in to edit it to make it correct, I figured it was some sneaky thing that EA came up wth that makes it look like the pack is very popular regardless of what all the boards say.

I know I am very cynical....

Did you look at the images posted further up in the thread? I can see how it could be confusing if you have never seen what the image looks like for someone who DOES have FF, but the two images really cannot be confused once you have seen both, since one of them has a bright green 2 on it and the other one doesn't.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 04, 21:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's so long since I've been there, they probably don't know what I've got!  I never bothered to register after the Sims2, as, since I'm very good about exiting my antivirus when I install, that means I pull the plug on the internet!  And afterwards, I never get around to it!

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 04, 21:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you look at the images posted further up in the thread? ......

Well, yes, that's why I talked about them ibn that post...?

Have you seen the icons for the other EPs on the offcial site--the ones in a persons profile? The other icons for the other EPs are all greyed out --really grey-- while FFS is...black or brown... take your pick, whichever: the point is it looks like it is saying that this person has FFS.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 04, 22:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thanks for clearing that up, but unless you KNOW it has a 2 on it when you have it, to all intents and purposes it looks as if you have it when you don't, if you see what I mean.  I reckon MutantBunny hit it right on the head.  They've done it like that on purpose to make it look like more people have bought it than really have.  Had I not been told about the 2, I would have assumed the majority had it (had I gone around checking, which I can't see any sane reason I would have done).  I am, of course, assuming here that the majority don't have it, but appear to have it, if you see what I mean.

This has been another deliberate "Huh?" type comment from Ancient Sim

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 04, 22:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean!  I wouldn't have know about the 2 either!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: