More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 17:15:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I Want To Call Your Tiny Little Cell
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I Want To Call Your Tiny Little Cell  (Read 7653 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
I Want To Call Your Tiny Little Cell
« on: 2006 May 25, 20:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to call Sims when they are in the people bin?

Yes, yes, I am lazy and do not want to chuck moved-out Sims into their own houses. Nor do I want certain Sims wandering around my neighborhood. Any ideas?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Re: I Want To Call Your Tiny Little Cell
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 25, 20:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they have a cell phone then you can call them still after they have moved from a house.  If you created them in CAS and they are in the Sim bin, then obviously no.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 25, 20:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to call Sims when they are in the people bin?

Yes, yes, I am lazy and do not want to chuck moved-out Sims into their own houses. Nor do I want certain Sims wandering around my neighborhood. Any ideas?
Get the Phone Hack?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 25, 21:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still can't call them without a phone.  And I hate mobile phones - they still crash houses!

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 25, 22:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember a non-awesome hack somewhere that would let you call any sim wherever they were and whether or not they had a cellphone. It may have been at MTS2 but I'm not sure.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=72672

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 25, 22:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it could be useful, if you have kids in the Uni bin waiting for you to play them, and that way their parents would be able to keep in touch......

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 25, 23:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember a non-awesome hack somewhere that would let you call any sim wherever they were and whether or not they had a cellphone. It may have been at MTS2 but I'm not sure.

Have you tired it with OFB?

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 25, 23:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always been able to call Sims in the Bins (sounds like a good expansion title) if they've had a mobile phone, but not if they haven't.  Which reminds me, I forgot to call Asda to see if the new mobile I want (£10 off, reduced to £19.99, great bargain) has been restocked yet.  I must remember to ring them tomorrow.  I was quite happy with my almost-but-not-quite-a-brick-according-to-me-but-definitely-a-brick-according-to-my-teenaged-daughter mobile, but my son has run off with it.  (That last bit has nothing to do with the question I know, but I just thought I'd mention it in passing - enquiring minds often want to know about these things).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 25, 23:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what friends tell me, the only way to STOP your teenagers running off with your mobile phone is to padlock it to your wrist!  and pray!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 25, 23:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could have it surgically implanted.  Cheesy

It never ceases to amuse me to see a naked sim with their hip vibrating...
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 25, 23:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use it myself so I wouldn't know if it's OFB compatible or not.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 25, 23:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the oddest thing is how it wakes them in the middle of the night - when any sensible human would switch it off! And RECHARGE IT!

And, generally, MTS2 is pretty good at telling you which EPs their hacks are compatible with.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 26, 00:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't wake them in the middle of the night anymore.  I can't remember if that's due to the phone hack or if Maxis finally fixed it. 

I equip all my Sims with a cell phone as soon as they become a teenager.  It makes it so much easier to keep up friendships especially with larger households who couldn't get by with just one phone line.  Roll Eyes  Just try not to save your game when a cell phone is in use.  If you happen to do so and the game crashes, JM says if you were using AutoYakYak, just pull that out of your hacks folder, and it will cause the phone to reset.  Or if they were just using the regular Call Sim function, he has a hack that will cause the phone to reset, but you should only use it if you are having a problem.  I forgot and saved once when a sim was making a call, and I remembered someone here saying they had been able to enter a house with this problem by going into it from a neighboring house.  That worked for me the last time, but I haven't had the problem since. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 26, 00:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh darn it, and I recently rehoused four of my students at great financial sacrifice (to them) because the game kept crashing when I tried to enter the house, and the only thing I could think of was cell phones - they were forever on the phone unbeknownst to their Goddess, and since two were Popularity, one romance and one Pleasure, they did need their phone time, which is why they had two of the darn things and they were clamouring for more!  They weren't, unfortunately using Autoyak or I would have known they were on the phone......

And yes, I had noticed the phones weren't waking them up any more, but I did put that down to the phonehack.  But they still get calls at 3 am on the ordinary phone from the last sim they were chatting with.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 26, 00:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, now I cycle through all my sims to see what they are doing an making sure none of them are on a call before saving.  I think the safest time to save is when they are all safely in bed.  I've had a few times when I installed a patch or a hack that caused sims to reset, and the sims who drove their car to work lost their cars!  They simply vanished, never to be seen again.  The sims were standing in the front yard, and they got charged with being late for work or missing a day.   Angry
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 26, 01:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently moved one family into a new house and loads of items of furniture just went missing!  Not just custom either, mainly Maxis!  One second it was there, then pouf! gone!  But after I'd replaced it  (Luckily this sim is a general with two businesses (he sold the third to buy the house) so he could afford to lose a few sofas!  I first realised what was happening when they got out of the taxi and the first want the wife rolled was to buy a crib!  (And I knew I'd put one in.  Then the second double bed in the spare room disappeared and a couple of sofas and I can't remember what else!)

It's not the first time I've lost a house to a phone though, and I was just giving them a phone and then taking it away again when they'd finished their calls, but I got lazy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 26, 08:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't wake them in the middle of the night anymore.  I can't remember if that's due to the phone hack or if Maxis finally fixed it. 

I think Maxis fixed it with the last nightlife patch. I don't have the phone hack and mobiles don't wake up my sims if they ring while they are asleep Smiley

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 26, 08:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have, and it works. No clash even when my Sim had the perk that lets you call everyone in the neighborhood.

I think Maxis fixed it with the last nightlife patch. I don't have the phone hack and mobiles don't wake up my sims if they ring while they are asleep Smiley

Or you might have Monique's computer. That one suppresses wake-ups from the cell-phone ringing.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 26, 08:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no Moniques computer Smiley I am quite positive that is was fixed with the patch.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 26, 08:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no Moniques computer Smiley I am quite positive that is was fixed with the patch.
I don't know if it's suppressed in the patch or not, but incoming calls will never be for a sim who happens to be asleep or absent, as part of the phone hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 26, 11:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, why does the phone ring all day when everyone' out, then?  And is that why my sims are getting more friends calling round while they're out?  (Instead of lloitering off-world, they're loitering in-world!)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 26, 20:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, now I cycle through all my sims to see what they are doing an making sure none of them are on a call before saving.  I think the safest time to save is when they are all safely in bed. 

yea, that's what I do -- save when the entire household is asleep. If they do get reset, I'll have them buy TJ's running man energy statue for a couple of hours to keep their energy from draining off until their normal wakeup time, and then either sell it if they're poor, or stick it in one of the sims inventories for future use if they have bucks to burn.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 26, 22:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the oddest thing is how it wakes them in the middle of the night - when any sensible human would switch it off! And RECHARGE IT!

My cell is on 24/7, but then I am on call 24/7 too.

Axe murdered since 2006
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 26, 22:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the phone rings while I'm asleep, I just try to ignore it because after four rings they'll get to leave a message.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 27, 13:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simlover, I sympathise, I'd hate to be on call all the time like that, you must find if t very hard to get a good night's sleep!

But, when all's said and done, your phone is on because it needs to be - sims never get important phone-calls like they did in sims1 to tell them they've won the lottery or something useful like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: