More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 20:46:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Interestloss and BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Interestloss and BV  (Read 2602 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Interestloss and BV
« on: 2007 September 18, 16:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a significant interest loss when my sims read magazines with the DC version of the interestlosshack loaded.  For example, if my sim reads about health, there is a drop in interest, in other areas (like money and sport).  This loss is sometimes quite sharp - in gaining 3 interest points in health yesterday, my sim lost 4 points each in two other interests.  The loss was not 1 point at a time, but a sudden loss of 4 points in the two categories.

I corrected the loss through debug mode in the end.

Is this potentially a difficulty associated with the interestlosshack (has anyone else noticed this?), or more likely due to the work of the nonawesome?

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Interestloss and BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 18, 16:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestlosshack will prevent a sim from losing an existing interesting entirely, although their current crazes will fluctuate. Did they lose ALL of their interest in that topic? They should retain a minimum of 4 points in any interest they previously had 4 or more points in, which is the level that they need to not FINGERS IN EARS at a topic. A sim with many overloaded interests may suffer drastic initial drops on trying to read about a new interest, but will still retain previous interests. Interests that they previously hated will drop to 0, however.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Interestloss and BV
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 18, 17:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, in that case there's likely no problem.  I did not get the interest bottoming out thing.  Probably due to trying to max out too many interests at once and misunderstanding what the hack was supposed to do.  I was just surprised by the sudden drop to 4 points.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: