More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 02:24:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Option to Become Engaged/Marry After Graduation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Option to Become Engaged/Marry After Graduation  (Read 7079 times)
nothingbutsims
No Option to Become Engaged/Marry After Graduation
« on: 2005 August 02, 11:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done this in the past and it has always worked, and maybe I did it a little differently this time but you would think it would still work.  Anyway, Adam falls in love in college but does not get engaged.  Graduates from college, moves out and invites his lover over to his new home while she is still a YA.  He proposes that she "Move In" which she does and she then grows to an adult.  Now there is no option to "Propose Engagement".  They are 100/100 in their relationship.  They can woohoo til the cows come home and even have children, but there is no option to propose engagement/marriage.

Did I do something wrong this time or is this a quirk in Uni?  I think normally I have them get engaged in college, but for some reason I didn't this time.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: No Option to Become Engaged/Marry After Graduation
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 02, 13:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read about this yesterday, apparently it's probably due to the fact that the former YA still has one or more YA flags.  Have you checked in SimPE to make sure she's a pure adult?  The easiest way to solve it is to probably go into SimPE and tick the married boxes, then give them both the memories of having got engaged and married.  You can also change her surname to his in SimPE (or vice versa) if you want to.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 02, 14:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that a try.  Thanks! Cheesy
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 02, 16:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also change her surname to his in SimPE (or vice versa) if you want to.
Not directly related, but how do you change surnames in SimPE and get them to "stick"? After editing their DNA, I tried to edit the Singles' girls surnames to reflect their parentage, but although I saved the files, in the game they are still called So-and-So Singles. Was I supposed to hit "Commit" somewhere like you do with the DNA & relationship changes?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 02, 17:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also change her surname to his in SimPE (or vice versa) if you want to.
Not directly related, but how do you change surnames in SimPE and get them to "stick"? After editing their DNA, I tried to edit the Singles' girls surnames to reflect their parentage, but although I saved the files, in the game they are still called So-and-So Singles. Was I supposed to hit "Commit" somewhere like you do with the DNA & relationship changes?

Yes, in SimPE, you must commit every change for it to stick.
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 02, 18:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was I supposed to hit "Commit" somewhere like you do with the DNA & relationship changes?

Yep. Always commit.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 02, 18:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I was able to change the surname and make it stick.  Strange thing though, in SimPE, I made sure that boxes were checked for being engaged, married and that their relationship was as a spouse, commited the changed and exited SimPE.  When I played the family, there was THEN an option to "Propose Marriage", no Engagement first, just went right to Marriage.  Anyway, my couple is now married with a memory of that at least.

Thanks for the help! Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 02, 18:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shows it always pays to finish college!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 02, 21:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, in SimPE, you must commit every change for it to stick.
Well, what I was really asking was "where is the Commit button on that screen?", as the reason I hadn't committed the change was because I couldn't find a button to do so (so I assumed there wasn't one) - but it's a moot point now because there's a new version of SimPE with a new flashy GUI, and the Commit button is on the far right hand side, in the same place on every screen. It's Version 0.44 - I guess it was just released.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
nothingbutsims
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 03, 16:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shows it always pays to finish college!

I agree, but don't you find Uni to be a bit [*yawn*] boring to play for any length of time?  I guess if I don't have to play a sim through college, I'll take the easy way out.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 03, 17:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's because it's based on the American system!  In the British system, you'd only have exams at the end of each year, so you could just have either three or four years at college, which would be a bit quicker than 8 semesters!  I tend to find the first 4 semesters aren't so bad, but then you have another 4 still to go!   Definitely "yawn"!  So the Knowledge sims I speed up with the clock, but the party animals I let them have parties.  I also take them Downtown a lot, to earn money and (Romance Sims) for Public Woohoo, and that uses up a lot of time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: