More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:42:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Big bug CAS randomly generate Male invisible
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Big bug CAS randomly generate Male invisible  (Read 6113 times)
Milan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Big bug CAS randomly generate Male invisible
« on: 2009 August 19, 01:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

Tested on a completely clean, newly installed game. No custom anything from store or otherwise.
No patches
If you press random (dice) in Cas the adult male displays are all normal.
Add Patch
If you press random button in Cas, many adult male (adult males only) have heads and an invisible body.

to help me s' you like it. J' have the same problem considering here

I cannot to me servire of the MOD AwesomeMod because the play remains blocked on the invisible sim

thank you for m' to help afflicted I do not speak much l' English

Cry
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Big bug CAS randomly generate Male invisible
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 19, 01:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you've noted: the recent patches (1.3 and 1.4) added this bug to the game.  It seems to be connected with an adult male one-piece outfit.  YA males are not affected.

I don't know if there is a fix for this bug, but there is a workaround - try dressing the sim in two-piece clothing (i.e. separate top & trousers).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 19, 01:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a known bug in the patch. Actually comes from EA accidentally leaving in a reference to a "Gellabiya", an arabic robe, that's in World Adventures.

Since the rest of us outside EA land obviously don't have World Adventures, we don't have the mesh it's referencing and hence it comes up invisible.

Pescado fixed this in Awesomemod, however if you are using the very latest version of Awesomemod and still getting this then report it to him. It should be squelched already though. It is squelched. I just checked. Awesomemod fixes this. Case closed.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 02:22:41 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Milan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 19, 01:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you've noted: the recent patches (1.3 and 1.4) added this bug to the game.  It seems to be connected with an adult male one-piece outfit.  YA males are not affected.

I don't know if there is a fix for this bug, but there is a workaround - try dressing the sim in two-piece clothing (i.e. separate top & trousers).

Ok! thank you very much Kyna

I thought that came from my play!
yes that goes with another trousers and a jacket!

Why does EA make patch with bugs  Huh

Pescado fixed this in Awesomemod, however if you are using the very latest version of Awesomemod and still getting this then report it to him. It should be squelched already though.

yes c' is well with the last update of the patch!

I will inform Pescado of it now. thank you Motoki

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 19, 02:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No that is NOT what I said. I said IF YOU ARE USING THE LATEST VERSION OF AWESOMEMOD and still getting this problem.

I was trying not to have to load the damned game but obviously I had to anyway.  Roll Eyes I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that.

Well I just loaded up the game with the very latest version of awesomemod and rolled a random adult male A LOT of times and no invisibles so it's fixed.

DO NOT waste his time with bogus bug reports for something that has already been fixed!  Angry

Milan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 19, 03:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

j' use well to it last version AWESOMEMOD and j' always the problem obtains  Embarrassed
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 03:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

j' use well to it last version AWESOMEMOD and j' always the problem obtains  Embarrassed
Are you *sure* you have the latest awesomemod?  I have one I downloaded this morning and as of last time I checked by downloading again and checking the timestamps it was the newest.  It is possible he has updated again since I last checked.

Please be advised that Pescado does NOT always post in the thread when he updates the mod.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 19, 03:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The time stamps here will tell you whether AwesomeMod has been updated:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Milan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 19, 04:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I am on because j' reinstalled my play this night and jai placed the MOD awesomemod around 3 hours of the matin*

j" stays content because Mr Pescado had made the new update

*(France time)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 19, 06:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The time stamps here will tell you whether AwesomeMod has been updated:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/
Fine, so you're more awesome than me.  But my method worked too.   Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 20, 01:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm stuck with this bug now. The game had randomly created a kid with only one parent in the Langerak family, with no first name. He also seemed to have some issues with his hands, as they were stuck behind his back most of the time. He could use them normally, usually one hand behind his back, but eventually both hands were there. Anyway, I thought I'd give him a first name with AM, tried to edit him in CAS, but there was no basic tab to change his name (/gender/fatness/etc) with. There was just an empty space there. Also he had only 2 hair options, both custom, neither showing. Outfit was ok.

I switched over to the Langerak family, gave him a proper name with the rename command. Couldn't edit his hair at all (still only 2 custom no-show hairs there), so I aged him to a teen. Now he's only a floating face, with no outfit options. There's no tabs except the accessories tab showing, with only one custom wristband - which is no use, since he's only a face. 2 hair options,  2 eyebrow options, hair not showing properly as it's custom and I'm on a Mac. Also no basic tab in CAS.

Gahh. Resetting him doesn't work, resetting his textures neither. I don't really want to kill him off just yet.
I also have one elder female with the same issue, got her pregnant by accident with AM (had no idea they're not supposed to get pregnant, SRSLY), now she's a face too. She has hands and feet though, and a strange urge to swim. Also she's constantly in labor but can't go to the hospital because she's not supposed to. All she can do really is swim Huh

Any ideas here? These two sims are not really that important to me, but it would be useful to get this mess sorted out. I could take the custom hairs out, but they do show properly sometimes. It's just the incompatible Langerak kid that's messing up my game.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 20, 04:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not the same bug. This bug only occurs in adult males (not young adult) who end up getting randomly assigned the World Adventures gellabiya but the mesh doesn't exist yet outside of EA.

I'm not sure what to do with your borked sim but if you really don't care about him you can always nuke him. Tongue

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 20, 09:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I would do. Kill off the mutants. Srsly.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 20, 22:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read this and gosh! Can't EA do anything right? They made a patch to correct the previous patch and now what? a newest patch to correct the new patch?Huh Sorry people...I'm a very calm person but I needed to vent. I decided not to patch my game anymore

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: