More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 07:42:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Does hex editing on a lot affects the whole terrain?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does hex editing on a lot affects the whole terrain?  (Read 2702 times)
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Does hex editing on a lot affects the whole terrain?
« on: 2008 February 14, 05:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was making experiments with hexbin editing on lot files and I blew some lots. I deleted them but it seems the terrain is plagued, I can not enter empty lots on build mode on that specific terrain anymore, it keep loading forever even if is a empty lot with nothin built.

So my question is, if I borked a lot is possible that the lot borked the whole terrain?

Pics from the borked lots attached for your amusement.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/denialalice/snapshot_f47b0dde_14bd4468.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/denialalice/snapshot_f47b0dde_54bd4482.jpg

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Does hex editing on a lot affects the whole terrain?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 14, 15:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently yes, for example when you build a pond in a lot, you can see it in the neighborhood terrain from a nearby lot (you need to turn off lot view option).

Regarding your experiment, what happens when you place a non-empty lot over that hole?
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: Does hex editing on a lot affects the whole terrain?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 14, 17:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems I could fix the area with empty lots. I managed to make it work placing empty lots and I could enter empty lots in both buidl/live mode.

I did several things last night and in the end I discovered I am getting an "Attribute Number out of range" error from one of Maxis default objects. I am going now to check all package objects to see if I corrupted the game by accident and also I am going to check the GUIDs of all my CC to see if I donīt have a conflict.

Apparently the terrain is fine but is possible that I corrupted something else in my editing experiments.

What makes me feel happy that I did NOT installed the radiance mod I was thinking in install. I dunno if I could manage this mess plus a radiance mod at same time.

Thanks for the support, Theo.

ETA update: not GUID conflicts. Game engine is fine, no game corruptions.
I must have something in my CC that is causing conflicts with the game light system because the nightlife animated lights were causing the freezing. Going to try the remove-this-test-that method.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 14, 20:43:52 by danicast » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: