More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:37:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Replacing the Kitten Killer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Replacing the Kitten Killer  (Read 10087 times)
Sooze
Asinine Airhead

My brain has gone soggy.

View Profile
Replacing the Kitten Killer
« on: 2008 March 06, 22:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like some of the features of Inteen but I really don't want them all plus I'd like to use some of the other stuff that isn't really compatible with it.  What I'd like to retain is:
Teen woo-hoo including with adults (and possibly elders)
Teens can get preggers (and if possible still able to go to Uni whilst up the duff or with sprogs)
Teens retain relationships with others on transition to adult
Chance of pregnancy on any woo-hoo
Some sort of birth control (and maybe fertility treatment)

Any suggestions for a set of hacks I can use to replicate this so I can delete Inteen?  Huh

Thanks

The classical problem of the impulsive motion of an infinite plate, in its own plane, has been treated in section 4.2.
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Replacing the Kitten Killer
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 06, 22:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jenflowers woohoo teens, which is maintained at the inteen site, and twojeffs ACR, also at the inteen site, will give you all of that except teens with kids at Uni and possibly teens retaining relationships - I think ACR does that but am not positive.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 06, 23:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure the only way to get teens pregnant is with the kitten killer.  Jenflowers for teen woohoo.  I think one of JM's hacks might keep the relationships and the birth thingy i'm sure i saw a mod on Mod the Sims somewhere, good luck finding it though (bad search engine).

btw is it safe to put the kitten killer in to do 1 thing then remove it again?
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 06, 23:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think - thought - if you have a teen woohoo hack in, you could set ACR to allow teen pregnancy but maybe it's too long since I read it and you can just set ACR to allow autonomous woohoo for a teen with a teen woohoo hack?

It's *not* safe to put inteen in, get a uni student pregnant and then take it out again. dunno about anything else.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 07, 03:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR includes the 'teen woohoo' function, so teens will do it without having to have the extra hack around if they're under ACR control.  You only really need the woohooteens hack if you want to manually direct them to do it (and it's still probably easier to just use the ACR casual/autowoohoo function).  Neither allow teen or YA pregnancy. Note that in order for teens (and elders) to do it autonomously, you have to have an ACR controller on the lot somewhere.  There's a buyable version under misc/misc that you can plop on community lots.

Teen's keeping their loves is a TJ hack; it's one variety of his 'age transition fix' hacks.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 07, 07:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have created LESS love-keeping, because frankly, it's annoying as hell that they keep them FOREVER.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 07, 17:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've played with the 'keep loves' for a while, but as my hood gets more populated, it gets more annoying. Smiley  I'm probably going to get rid of it before I install FT this weekend.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 07, 17:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have created LESS love-keeping, because frankly, it's annoying as hell that they keep them FOREVER.

I agree, that teens keep loves hack is one that I have never downloaded because it would just be too damn annoying to have them running round in love with half the neighbourhood and it's not exactly hard to have them fall in love again if you really want them too.

Since I installed your hack that stops them falling in love so easily things have been much better, but less love-keeping would be awesome, is it available to the public or just something you have in your own game? I don't think I've ever seen it around...
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 13, 18:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance at all of talking JM into writing a hack that is compatible with his romance mod and ACR that enables risky woohoo for teens? I don't want to use inteen, and I don't want Try for Baby, but in my experience teens are stupid about birth control.

Ideally, for me, there would also be an option with teen birth to give the baby up for adoption at birth. Or for her parents to  choose to raise the baby.

Got a question while we're *sorta* on the subject of sim birth and pregnancy. I was using Smonoff's potions (fertility/infertility/etc) and when I installed ACR and the romance mod found they're not really compatible. Smonoff's potion haven't been updated, so out they went. Any chance of something similar? Especially if it works in coordination with ACR and the romance mod? I would like a "birth control" option that makes the sims take proactive measures. Then I'd choose "hide Try for Baby" on ACR, and change the risky woohoo odds to around 20% to more accurately reflect the risk of pregnancy without protection. *Smiles hopefully at Mr. Pescado*
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 13, 19:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this ridiculous fascination with teens getting pregnant all over the place?  ACR lets them woohoo.  The fact that it does not include teen pregnancy is fine.  Real teens may not be great at using birth control, but sim teens apparently are (or are simply not able to have babies).

Personally, I do not want my game to reproduce all the unfortunate aspects of real life.  I prefer to create entirely new unfortunate aspects of life for them.  Much more entertaining.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 13, 20:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The short period I used inteen (before I started hanging out here Smiley), I had one teen pregnancy, and I found it to be way more hassle that it was worth. Besides, I like having my sim-teens be educated about birth control, unlike which a certain current administration DO NOT WANT for the real teens...
Tongue

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 13, 22:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't like the teens woohooing because it steals their high value wants as adults.  I use Inteen but not for teens--I love it that ACR disables teens interactions if you want it.  I like it to be able to put sims on birth control while on vacation so I don't have to mess with their ACR controls.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 13, 23:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ACR teens don't woohoo-I nearly died when I saw what my sim-boy and his townie girlfriend was doing on his parent's bed Shocked I disabled that feature pretty quick!

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 14, 00:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you disable it hood-wide for all teens?  If you don't place the controller, it shuts out elders, so I don't want to do that.  (That's why I use Dizzy's hacks in my FreeTime game, but I'm stuck with ACR on my OFB setup for my littler computer.)

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 14, 00:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you disable it hood-wide for all teens?  If you don't place the controller, it shuts out elders, so I don't want to do that.  (That's why I use Dizzy's hacks in my FreeTime game, but I'm stuck with ACR on my OFB setup for my littler computer.)

You can edit one of the BCONs in SimPE.  Take a look at the documentation, it includes a list of the BCONs to explain what they do.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 14, 01:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.  The documentation wasn't explicit enough for me before you pointed me in the right direction, but I've got it working now.   Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 14, 02:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance at all of talking JM into writing a hack that is compatible with his romance mod and ACR that enables risky woohoo for teens? I don't want to use inteen, and I don't want Try for Baby, but in my experience teens are stupid about birth control.
No. I don't believe in risky woohoo, and besides, I don't have any teen woohoo/preg crap. There's no such thing in real life. There is only a slightly higher damage control cost, but all of it is 100% effective.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 14, 07:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mess with it in SimPe-there is a global on the controller itself that you can disable for teen>adult attraction, teen ACR actions and ACR autonomy. I'm not sure what the actual wording is though, I just know it stops them from doing stuff I don't want my sweet little teens to do. They still do the 'fart hearts' thing at adults though. Undecided I just ignore.

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 14, 16:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my experience teens are stupid about birth control.

Not necessarily more than other people, it's just if you're older and married it's easier to pass off an accident as a planned baby.

Ideally, for me, there would also be an option with teen birth to give the baby up for adoption at birth. Or for her parents to  choose to raise the baby.

The parents can raise the baby. If the teen isn't living with the parents, have one of them move in with her by making them find own place and then combining the household, then have the parent find own place again, choose to take the baby, and move back in with their spouse. Or if you want the baby to be adopted do the same with adoptive parents, or a dummy sim who you never play if you want the kid to be frozen in time until you find a couple who want to adopt. You can then go into SimPE and change the adoptive parents of the baby if you want to. Or use that painting/shrub which lets you adopt random kids from the neighbourhood, I think that gives correct memories.

I use the kitten killer but my teens don't get pregnant that often. I just prefer it as a risk factor. I haven't had any unfixable problems with it so far.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 15, 00:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the teleporter shrub from SimLogical you can even directly move the baby into the adoptive house and then choose to adopt from the shrub which should (I don't remember exactly) fix the family tree like a 'normal' adoption.

Alternatively I have been moving 'adopted' Sims in with their new parents and then altering the relationships (but not the family trees) in SimPE.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 15, 09:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of adoptions - does the adoption pool work in a "Last in first out" kind of way, i.e. the last kid put up for adoption or taken away by the SS will be the first of the age group to be adopted? One of my sims is pregnant from her bi lover who lives with his gay boyfriend, and I want the kid to be raised by his father(s). I would prefer to adopt him the "traditional" way (calling the adoption service) from just zapping the baby to the lot, but I don't want to risk getting a fugly random EAxis brat.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 15, 09:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  I tried that in a test 'hood once; I made a mom with two toddlers, aged her down to toddler herself, and noted the order they were loaded into the social worker's car.  I then adopted them into three different families, and it was definitely last in, first out.  (Buggy though; they kept family ties in the relationship panel until the last of them was adopted.)

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 16, 08:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's perfect - thanks, BastDawn Smiley.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: