More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 14:43:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Blacked out heads
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blacked out heads  (Read 3887 times)
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Blacked out heads
« on: 2006 November 20, 03:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the opposite problem to sanmonroe's Floating disembodied head.
After I reluctantly installed Pets several of the Uni dormies had no faces and I played a CAS family (created before Pets) today and the son (child) also has a silhouette-type head.  The hair is fine and the clothes/skin from the neck down are normal, as is the loading picture and the on on the sidebar.  I thought it might be a custom skin but his mother has the same skin and she is ok. I tried the electric shock solution by going into *change appearance* and selecting a face paint, then deleting it but the face was still blacked out,
I haven't reloaded my hacks yet as I came here for any updates, but my cc has just been put back into the game after I tested it.  I've never seen this before and I cannot find anyone else with the same problem.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Blacked out heads
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 21, 00:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem...shit i can't remember how i fixed it though, and this was before pets...ill have a rumage round and see if i can remember what caused it.  Sorry to be of no help whatsoever.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

iainmac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 21, 00:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem with one of the Broke boys,it resolved its self when he transitioned to the next age.

If at first you don't suceed suck harder
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 18, 13:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I know how this works now.  The problem didn't go away after I age transitioned him with Insim and then a baby was born in the game with the same masked face.  When he became a toddler I messed around to try and change his appearance but although I tried to add a face paint and remove it which usually works, this rime it didn't and I thought I had a problem.  I put on some freckles as I like some of my kids to have them and then I wasn't sure what happened because his face appeared.
I retraced the steps and I must have changed his eyebrows.  I went back to the forst kid and changed his brows lo and behold he had his normal face back.  It has worked on all the townies too.

I don't remember installing default eyebrows but I must have done and these overwrote the first two maxis brows (although for some strange reason the other is ok)

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 18, 20:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that stuff that will replace Maxis stuff has to go in the Overrides folder, not Downloads.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 19, 02:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overrides? Where is that?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 19, 06:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Overrides
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 19, 08:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it doesn't have to go there, but mods which change the propery set or change textures seem to work better if placed there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: