More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 04:07:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Damned espresso maker and its obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Damned espresso maker and its obsession  (Read 2472 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Damned espresso maker and its obsession
« on: 2007 January 13, 22:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a hack for coffee and espresso makers, which enables their use on tables and end tables (now it's only on counters). The hack itself works, but it has a conflict with noautonomousespresso by Squinge (i.e. the the espresso obsession happens). So, I've managed to add a no autonomy to my hack, incorporating a pie menu resource with autonomy setting to 0x0064, and it works.

Well, the hack itself is working, but I'm a pest perfectionist Tongue. I tried to apply the Squinge modification on my hack, but it give me an error, and honestly I don't understand why, 'cause the mods I did seems unrelated.

For some reasons, I'm not sure that my solution (adding a modified pie menu to the package) is the best choice, and Squinge mod seems a better solution to me (heh, at least is "cleaner" and linear).
May anyone, with better knowledge base than mine, take a look at my crap and tell me where I made the mistake? It's driving me insane.

marhis_espresso_multiplace_noauto.zip is my working hack, with pie menu; marhis_espresso_multiplace_noauto-squinge.zip is my hack with squinge modification tried, and the error happens when mouse over the espresso maker.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* marhis_espresso_multiplace_noauto.zip (0.66 KB - downloaded 123 times.)
* marhis_espresso_multiplace_noauto-squinge.zip (0.52 KB - downloaded 114 times.)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Damned espresso maker and its obsession
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 24, 05:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrade: I've checked some other hacks - by other modders - and I've seen that putting a modded pie menu in them is widely used anyway, and it doesn't seems to be a Bad Thing™.

In the end, I've upped my version, on MTS2. After all, it seems to work well anyway. If it needs improving, I may always revise it later.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: