More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:09:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Getting rid of Maxis content?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting rid of Maxis content?  (Read 2529 times)
bamwifey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Getting rid of Maxis content?
« on: 2008 April 07, 20:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of all the maxis crap?  I mean all of it - the crappy wallcoverings and floors, the hideous furniture, the sinful hairs and the heinous clothes.  Getting it out of my game entirely would be great, it would probably load a lot faster, but just getting it not to show up in any of the catalogues would be nice too.  I know there are some hacks on MTS2 for clothes and hairs, but what about the other stuff I never use.
cari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Getting rid of Maxis content?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 08, 01:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you're looking for Ambular's hiders. She has ones for floors and walls in addition to body shop stuff.

You can find them here: http://ambular.djssims.com/index.php?category=4&subcat=11

You can find the WCIF thread at the top of this forum.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Getting rid of Maxis content?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 08, 01:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of all the maxis crap?  I mean all of it - the crappy wallcoverings and floors, the hideous furniture, the sinful hairs and the heinous clothes.  Getting it out of my game entirely would be great, it would probably load a lot faster, but just getting it not to show up in any of the catalogues would be nice too.  I know there are some hacks on MTS2 for clothes and hairs, but what about the other stuff I never use.

Heh, beat me to the punch, cari.  Those mods don't hide all the walls and floors, but they take out a fair chunk of the most horrible ones.

Hiding game objects is possible (I have a few select items hidden in my own catalog,) but problematical, because if you try to load a lot which contains an object that has been hidden from the catalog, the game will crash.  So that's only a useful option if you exclusively use houses you've built yourself or if you have the patience to temporarily remove the mod and go through each downloaded house to delete stuff that you keep hidden.  One possible way to get around that for some Maxis items would be to use default replacement textures instead of hiding them, but so far I'm not aware of such a mod...I may have to add it to my to-do list.

Hiding unused Maxis content may or may not make any difference in the game's loading time, but it does help save time scrolling through the catalog when you're looking for something.  :)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: