More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:57:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Dive Bar woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dive Bar woes  (Read 4082 times)
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Dive Bar woes
« on: 2011 February 24, 20:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem with one of the bars I built. It almost seems as though the game is considering the back of the lot the front, and vice versa. This wouldn't usually bother me. But the problem is that when the bar closes for the night, all the sims are ejected through the back entrance to the rear of the lot. Here's a picture of what I mean.

If I lock or remove that back door, then all the Sims will flock to the dumpster by going around the entire building to that spot, before then going back out the gate and leaving via the front of the lot. If I lock the gate, but not the door, then everyone gets trapped in the yard and no one is allowed to leave. If I lock both the gate and the back door, then everyone just stands in one spot, repeatedly attempting and failing to carry out the "Get out" interaction. This requires me to intervene to get them to leave at all. Weirdly, no one seems to have a problem going into the bar, or leaving before closing time. Everyone uses the front door in these cases, as they should.

Is there anything that would be causing the game to believe this is the right way out? More importantly, is there any possible way of correcting this?
AnimaSeverem
Asinine Airhead

Failing at life since 1988.

View Profile
Re: Dive Bar woes
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 25, 03:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you click on the door you want to be the front, is there a "Set As Front Door" option?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 25, 11:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be a general routing issue, or put another way, and EAxian problem.  They seem to have some rather bizarre way of calculating the shortest, or best routing path.

I haven't played with bars so much, but do build very large houses, and sims always seem to take the longest way out.  If they are near a back door, they use that, then walk all the way around the house to the road, instead of the faster way through the house to the front door.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 26, 11:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has to do with the sims picking the shortest apparent path to the outside, which means that they probably use the back door because the bar is closest to that door.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 26, 13:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So s/he could fix it by putting a tiny room at the back to make it two doors that way?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 03, 12:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what do you know? It did the trick. *Baa.

I have another, completely unrelated issue, but I figure I may as well ask here rather than spam the board with another thread. Since installing Outdoor Living Shit, the Sims in one of my 'hoods will no longer park on community lots. They'll park at home just fine, but simply will not use the parking spaces/bike racks on community lots at all. The other 'hoods are fine, and I've checked for tight pants. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2011 March 03, 12:45:47 by Roobs » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: