More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 28, 11:06:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Shredded Cheerleader! O_O
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shredded Cheerleader! O_O  (Read 11465 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Shredded Cheerleader! O_O
« on: 2007 July 17, 09:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot431.jpg

Any ideas...? She has great big bat-wing arm meshes like one of those TIE fighters from Star Wars.

She came charging onto the lot (UNI Greek house "House of Udder") and did her usual routine several times over. I forced an error on her to see if it would help, log is attached to this post. I've had cheerleaders storm the lot before, everything went fine. Everyone else was immaculate. I'm not sure if this is the same cheerleader that came in the past, but there you have it.

Oh, and for those wanting to see the trainwreck in action...
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/?action=view&current=0649e93c.flv

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Shredded Cheerleader! O_O
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 17, 10:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any ideas...? She has great big bat-wing arm meshes like one of those TIE fighters from Star Wars.
Polygon tearing
Creates TIE fighter cheerleader
Graphics card too old

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 17, 21:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Graphics card newly upgraded..

I had a Radeon 9200, no fish, no reflections, no problems .. replaced this week with a Radeon x1050, fish, reflections .. now this. I'm not sure if the spousi did the whole "check for drivers" thing, though. Might that help? And if not.. how did UPGRADING my card cause it to turn the cheerleader to crap and everything else to cream?
« Last Edit: 2007 July 17, 21:23:03 by Strangel » Logged

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 17, 21:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've seen anything like that is when people have posted images of dodgy custom meshes. Any chance one of those has crept in with some CC?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 17, 21:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've seen anything like that is when people have posted images of dodgy custom meshes. Any chance one of those has crept in with some CC?

Hmmmm... I DID get some new clothes added in.. I'll go run through all of them in CAS. If it's an outfit, will that outfit show the same "shredded" look on the CAS sim?

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 17, 21:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think so judging by how I remember the thread on MTS2, unless it's the bone weights for the animations that are borked then I'm not sure as body shop only uses the (default) arms out position and an arms at the side. It will have to apply an animation to put the arms at the side.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 18, 15:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if not.. how did UPGRADING my card cause it to turn the cheerleader to crap and everything else to cream?

Do you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your card?  ATI released an update in late June. 
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 18, 15:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the too old card thing.  My card is an ATI Radeon X200 built into the motherboard.  Certainly not the latest card from ATI (dates back to 2005) and it runs the game fine.  Might more likely be a driver issue.

Tribulatio proxima est
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 18, 16:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My money's on the idea of a clothing mesh. She looks like she's supposed to have batwings. (Like the Sapphire Sims et al meshes.)
They prob'ly wouldn't show up on the thumbnail, but might in CAS.
I would remove everything but the lastest downloads, open CAS in debug mode, and see what happens to a sim in the cheerleader outfit.
If it is weird, then you get to play the "remove, check, repeat" game.
Good luck.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 18, 16:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the latest Catalyst drivers for your card?  ATI released an update in late June. 

And they're worth getting -- I was having occasional 'blue screen' issues with the 7.4 drivers, but the 7.6 are really nice and stable.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 19, 01:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the CAS/Mesh issue, a friend was over and suggested I try putting the cheerleader outfit on the CAS sim. Now, it WAS an adult so I'll still have to check out the CAS-UNI cheerleader outfit, but this one did just fine, no shredding.

The most recent downloads (no problems before them) are all from the Best Of The Best thread's sites. I'll start removing them after I check the YA Cheerleader in CAS-UNI and hopefully figure out which one it is.

Edit: I did just get the new graphics card installed this week, Blue (not Soup) did it, I'll be sure to ask him if he did the drivers and if not, get them updated.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 19, 14:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is weird, then you get to play the "remove, check, repeat" game.
Good luck.

Oh, I love that game!  It's so wonderfully mind numbing and time consuming!

Just a thought - if the cheerleader outfit is Maxoid (i.e. not CC), it would be less likely to cause the problem.  Custom skins, new default skins, etc. would be more likely culprits I would think.  I had the same sort of thing once with some new CC clothes that used a new body mesh (I think from Grizzelda), and appeared to be incompatible with my custom default skins.  I liked the skins better than the clothes, so I deleted the clothes.  Mind you, they displayed all borked in bodyshop and CAS too, so it was reasonably easy to eliminate the bad ones.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 19, 22:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks rather familiar...!  Happened tonight and I'd bet money that it's the replacement pregnancy mesh hack that I've recently installed from MTS2. Oops, sorry Witch, I promise I'll make it better.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 20, 00:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch looks like she's feeling a bit prickly today!  Grin

ETA: Actually she looks like she's wearing an ironing board.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 20, 00:08:56 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 20, 00:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks rather familiar...!  Happened tonight and I'd bet money that it's the replacement pregnancy mesh hack that I've recently installed from MTS2. Oops, sorry Witch, I promise I'll make it better.

-clings to the precious clothing options- Not.. the pregnancy mesh!

....dammit.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 20, 06:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported it on the thread over on MTS2 - hopefully that is the problem as it will be an easy fix/update/release new mesh.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 20, 11:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported it on the thread over on MTS2 - hopefully that is the problem as it will be an easy fix/update/release new mesh.

Saw that when I was over there probing downloads for Silly (NOT Brynne). We finally got a third computer, so now she gets to have her game HER way and I get to purge a LOT of crap I'd better not catch one of my sims dead in. I'm thrilled, but joy of joys it also means I get to run around finding her copies of everything she wants so she can download them onto her comp.
You may be wondering (doubtful LOL) why don't I just hand her a copy of the downloads from MY comp. Well.. In The Beginning.. Strangel said "This comp be myne and only Arrs, Awesomeness, and carefully selected crap shall entre it's hallowed board of mothers and space of drive."
That didn't last long. She caught me up in her whirlwind of "how cute" and "could we?"s and I foolishly downloaded piles without making notes about who made them or where they were from.. so now I have my carefully foldered more recent downloads and one giant Downloads folder that I'm currently sorting through. Most of this crap will be seeing the Round File by next month, if I'm lucky.. lol

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 20, 11:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw that when I was over there probing downloads for Silly (NOT Brynne). We finally got a third computer, so now she gets to have her game HER way and I get to purge a LOT of crap I'd better not catch one of my sims dead in. I'm thrilled, but joy of joys it also means I get to run around finding her copies of everything she wants so she can download them onto her comp.
You may be wondering (doubtful LOL) why don't I just hand her a copy of the downloads from MY comp. Well.. In The Beginning.. Strangel said "This comp be myne and only Arrs, Awesomeness, and carefully selected crap shall entre it's hallowed board of mothers and space of drive."
That didn't last long. She caught me up in her whirlwind of "how cute" and "could we?"s and I foolishly downloaded piles without making notes about who made them or where they were from.. so now I have my carefully foldered more recent downloads and one giant Downloads folder that I'm currently sorting through. Most of this crap will be seeing the Round File by next month, if I'm lucky.. lol

Why not put a copy of the entire downloads folder on her computer, in her game, and let HER sort through them?  You can delete what you don't want off your computer, and she can do likewise?  Grin

Just a thought. Discard if irrelevant.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 20, 14:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not put a copy of the entire downloads folder on her computer, in her game, and let HER sort through them?  You can delete what you don't want off your computer, and she can do likewise?  Grin

Just a thought. Discard if irrelevant.

I would but it's less painful and ear-melting to compile a set of links and sign-in info than it is to listen to endless "where do I delete this from" and "what's that do" and "WHY do we have seven differently shaded brown hairs with the same mesh?"

Oh, and then there's the crap that I got duped into adding into my game by conniving Photoshopping "creators". lol

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 20, 22:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your signature is too identifying, Strangle.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 20, 22:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have temprorarily fixed my problem by removing MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMilitaryOfficer.package - if you want non-asplody cheer leaders then I think you need to remove the MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyCheerleader.package that was in the EP1_UNI rar. When the creator fixes them we can just drop the new versions back into our downloads.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 21, 00:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have temprorarily fixed my problem by removing MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMilitaryOfficer.package - if you want non-asplody cheer leaders then I think you need to remove the MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyCheerleader.package that was in the EP1_UNI rar. When the creator fixes them we can just drop the new versions back into our downloads.
Sah-weet. My bloaty moms to be will continue to waddle in NORMAL clothes!

Your signature is too identifying, Strangle.
Go wiggle through your pee puddle, Stumpy.  Kiss

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 10, 06:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed versions are now up on MTS2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237740.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: