More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 11:23:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EUARGH!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EUARGH!  (Read 28662 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: EUARGH!
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 29, 09:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I removed my Para skins and went back into the game. I checked on the Singles and this is what I have:

What else should I do to get things back to normal? I have several other custom skins. As I understand it, I should be removing Default skins. Which ones? Thank you and kisses for your help. I so wanted beautiful aliens. Undecided
Well, if that didn't work, try removing the other skins and see what happens.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 29, 19:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, thank you again for all of your help! Smiley

I decided to do a "search" in my Saved Sims folder and as it turns out, I had overlooked one of the default skins from Paradise Sims. I removed it and now my Aliens are perfect. Cheesy

Maria

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 29, 22:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY MsMaria      Now we can all have our beautiful alien skins.

Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 29, 23:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  My bill is in the mail. Wink
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 29, 23:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

My beautiful MONOtone simmies thank you.     Thanks rainbow.    I glad MsMaria got fixed up too.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 30, 01:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying out the Paradise Skins after I deleted the alien skins from the first color pack.  They really should have made separate package files for each skin tone.  That would have made it a lot easier to just remove the alien skintone.  I would share it, but I'm not sure how they would feel about it.   Undecided
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 30, 01:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think rainbow that they are still the paradise skins.   You haven't really done anything to them but separate them individually out of the pkge.    Is there someone to ask?    I honestly thought the person that did them had their own website at some point.    I have a few things to do at home here for a bit, then I can go searching if you like.

edit - here is his website
         http://www.paradisesims.com/paradisesims.htm

It looks like he only has them as pkges there too.  So unless we ask him they won't be available as individual skins.     I can just go looking for some other "bits and pieces" too.    I'm sure there are lots of other nice ones available. 
« Last Edit: 2005 November 30, 01:57:09 by Marg » Logged
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 30, 02:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What else should I do to get things back to normal? I have several other custom skins. As I understand it, I should be removing Default skins. Which ones? Thank you and kisses for your help. I so wanted beautiful aliens. Undecided

This may be stating the obvious (or the already-known, take your pick), but I'm going to do it anyway. There are two types of custom skins:  one type overrides the default skin on a per-sim basis and is only in effect when you use it when creating a sim. The other type is the Default skin, which replaces the Maxis skins for every sim in the game with that particular skin type. Therefore, it is important to have only one Default skin installed at a time for each skin type. In other words, have only one Default adult female tan skin, one teen male dark skin, etc. So if you have Duddy's default skins installed, you should not also have the Paradise defaults or any other defaults.

Some skinners make both default and non-default versions of their skins, and you can have all the non-default skins you like, since these only affect those sims for which you have used that particular skin. The non-default skins override the default skins . . . so if you have Duddy's default skins installed, and then create a sim using, for example, one of Allan Akbar's skins, you are in effect overriding the Maxis default twice--once with the Duddy skin and then again with the Akbar skin.

There was also in this thread a question about whether the Clean Installer really does disable files. The Clean Installer deactivates a file by changing the file extension from .package to .off so the game will not recognize it as a game file.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 30, 02:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Hegelain.  I knew most of that already.   I have 2 of Dudlys defaults in and lots of non-default skins too.     The problem was with the way the Paradise skins are  packaged.    There are a number of skin tones in each package.   So unless you remember what you have in each one, you can't find the specific default skins to remove it or even disable it without disabling the whole thing.    My problem was I had totally forgotten that there even was an alien default in that package.    From now on I will only use single default skins so I can find them if I want to disable them or outright remove them. 

It was me that was questioning my sanity.  I knew I had disabled all the visable defaults but I still couldn't get the skin to work.    I love the CI.     
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: