More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:54:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EUARGH!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EUARGH!  (Read 28663 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: EUARGH!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 26, 08:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the vampire skin (thanks Myth and GloamingMerle), and now my Sims are beautiful again.  Yay!  Thanks so much.  Smiley
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 26, 09:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the incredibly awesome GloamingMerle doesn't mind, I have the alien skin and PoliTech files and could send them/links to them to those who are lacking the wonderfulness. Because not having laverwinkle aliens is a tragedy, I am telling you.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 26, 09:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like the skins are corrupt or missing for those sims.  I would download them again if possible.  I would also check in SimPE to see if the correct number of files shows up.  I had downloaded a purple skin on MTS2 that had a missing texture for the teen female face, and it showed up as the normal skintone.  I figured out that it was missing from the file, and I tried to contact the person who made it, but she never responded.  So I took one of the other face files that was similar and pasted it in...it looked ok but I never really used it.  It wasn't a default skin. 

Anyway, I have all three files, the alien, vamp, and better looking PT.  I can put them up using something like Megaupload.com, or anyone could, really.  It's not hard, and it's free.  The links will remain valid until no one downloads them for 30 days.

I love this alien skin, but for some reason it doesn't look quite as purple in my game as it does in other people's photos.  Any idea why?  Is it my video card?
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 26, 13:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to pass along those files any which way you please, as long as you give credit to me, and don't try anything dumb like selling it.  Wink

The eyes and skin are seperate files, so don't forget that one if you actually have it.. Either way, the forum should be setup by tomorrow if everything goes as it should. *crosses fingers*

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 26, 17:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*crosses fingers too*

I really need Reg's houses, I've grown addicted to them. I did the right thing for a change with your vampire skin, and got it while the getting was good. Next on my list are your alien items Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 26, 18:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've uploaded the following four files to Megaupload for anyone who wishes to download them.  Let me know if you have any problems.  Hopefully it will work out.

DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar (6.88 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0R093AH9

DylanTK_DefaultAlienEyes.zip (31.06 KB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0HEDT6A9

DylanTK_DefaultPollinationTech.zip (84.7 KB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IODCRX8E

DylanTK_DefaultVampirePaste.zip (1.57 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQK1YN5Y
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 26, 19:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow to the rescue (again). Why don't we just do the right thing and re-name the cavalry the 'rainbow' instead :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 26, 19:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow to the rescue (again). Why don't we just do the right thing and re-name the cavalry the 'rainbow' instead Cheesy
Awww, you're too sweet.  Just trying to help out. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 26, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sim in your avatar the Official Rainbow sim? I need a Rainbow sim to go with the Brynne sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 26, 21:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sim in your avatar the Official Rainbow sim? I need a Rainbow sim to go with the Brynne sim.
Nope.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 26, 22:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, where's the Official Rainbow, then? SimBrynne needs someone to whip!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 26, 22:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I whip Hook, now, remember?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 26, 22:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I whip Hook, now, remember?
We can do that, too.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 26, 22:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want a Twinkie, Pescado?
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 27, 02:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You rainbow for uploading GloamingMerle's skin again.    I downloaded them again hoping I had a corrupted skin file.     I have gone through everything in my game to make sure I didn't have another alien skin default in there.   I actually deleted the first set of violetwinkle skins in the hopes there was something wrong with one of them.    I replaced them with the new files and they still aren't working properly.    I still have very pretty bi-color alien teenagers and adults.     Also I noticed when I was in game, one of my old pre-existing aliens walked by on the street.   They also have purple heads and green bodies.    I don't use SimPe so can't check the skins in there.    Thanks for trying for me and allowing other people access to these gorgeous skins. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 27, 03:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome.  That is certainly strange about your bi-colored sims.  I think I would try removing everything temporarily from Downloads and Saved Sims to some place outside of The Sims 2 folder, like the desktop, and then just putting this file only in Downloads.  Load the game up, then see if they look normal.  Don't save, just exit after checking them out.  If they look normal, then you have a conflict somewhere.  If not, then...I don't know what, LOL.  But at least that will give us something to go on.  I think it has to be a conflict somewhere.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 27, 05:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan,

love the alien skin now that it's in the game - my twin alien teen girls look so much more attractive now...  until one got zits...  the zits are still green!

any chance of that being fixed?
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 27, 05:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLOL ness.   That made me really giggle.    Do the regular simmies in game actually do that?    I have never seen it in my game.   

Marg
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 27, 05:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

only teens - if their hygiene gets low...  doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't seem to avoid it happening!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 27, 05:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually run a fairly frantic simmie household.   It's possible I just didn't notice either.   I will have to pay more attention.    These colorful zits must look really pleasant on those nice skins.     (sorry, just the thought of having green zits makes me start laughing.  A little bit too realistic)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 27, 05:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, that must be some awful stuff in those pimples to be green! LOL

Yes, the regular sims get zits, but theirs aren't green, just pinkish, normal skin color.  But they sure are huge zits!
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 27, 05:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

only teens - if their hygiene gets low...  doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't seem to avoid it happening!

Off-topic, but I have found my teens get many fewer zits (indeed, almost none at all) with JM's bathroom uses you hack installed.  It makes the teens shower more often than I could be bothered doing before I had it, and so keeps their average hygeine level high enough to avoid them.  It makes the whole bathroom using thing much faster too. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 27, 06:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, dusty.  My sims will get them occasionally, but not like they used to, when they would practically have them their whole teenhood.  And the acne cream never seems to work.  Poor kids!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 27, 09:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah.. Green pimples.. I never really considered it that necessary.. But if you want, I'm sure I could whip something up. Personally, I think it's funny that they have bright green zits.. They are aliens after all.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 27, 20:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if someone would mind checking something for me.     I have not yet moved my Downloads folder and Saved Sims out of the game and restarted it to check these violetwinkle skins.      I have been using CleanInstaller to delete some stuff and get a little more organized before I do this.   While I was in there I checked the default violetwinkle skin with CI.    All but one of the views in this file were the correct color.  One was quite pink.   Definately different.   
  If anyone else has the CI and Dylan's default violetwinkle skin, would you mind checking it in the CI and see what you find.    I am not a creator and really have no idea what I'm looking at.    I still think I have something wrong with the actual file I have. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: