More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 18:50:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Expansion effects on regular play
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Expansion effects on regular play  (Read 16563 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Expansion effects on regular play
« Reply #50 on: 2006 December 03, 07:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed this also. My Knowledge sims almost exclusively roll "max 7 skills" or "be mad scientist". I cannot remember the last time someone actually wanted to be a doctor or anything else. I use the "batman box" to cycle through LTWs, but still get only those two for Knowledge and only rarely get a career want for a pop, romance or family sim. I have used the "aspiration adjustor" to try to get something different, but I usually only use that to change turn ons/off.

Hrm... does the LTW change if you use the orb thingy to change turn ons/offs? Or does the LTW only change if you actually change the aspiration? If I'm not too lazy... Tongue maybe I'll look into adding the re-roll LTW option to the orb so it actually deducts aspiration points.

Quote from: Solylent Sim
A button to re-randomize your LTW without other effects of the orb would be nice. 

This would be covered by the ltw variety hack that I use along with macrotastics. It is very useful under most circumstances.

Well, the LTW variety hack is great for making interests a requirement, but it doesn't actually enable re-rolling itself. At least, not that I'm aware of. I believe the ffslotdebugger and I think the twojeffian college adjuster allows LTW re-rolling without the orby affects. I certainly don't want memory spam from the orb thingy. I totally forgot about that. Does the orb thingy give you memories if you just change the turn ons/offs?

BTW, is the link to the Squinge hack for Uni LTWs in this thread somewhere?

You can find Squinge's hack here and he updated it for Pets here. Smiley

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 December 03, 09:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you change aspiration in the orb the Sim gets a memory s/he did so. LTW only changes if aspiration was changed.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 December 03, 15:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Solylent Sim
A button to re-randomize your LTW without other effects of the orb would be nice. 

This would be covered by the ltw variety hack that I use along with macrotastics. It is very useful under most circumstances.

Well, the LTW variety hack is great for making interests a requirement, but it doesn't actually enable re-rolling itself. At least, not that I'm aware of. I believe the ffslotdebugger and I think the twojeffian college adjuster allows LTW re-rolling without the orby affects. I certainly don't want memory spam from the orb thingy. I totally forgot about that. Does the orb thingy give you memories if you just change the turn ons/offs?

Yes, sorry, that is what I meant. I use the ffs lotdebugger to reroll or cycle ltw variety. I believe the orb thingy gives you memories every time you use it. I haven't used it since I got the debugger for ltw and I use InSIM's aspiration bit for the turn ons/off.

BTW, is the link to the Squinge hack for Uni LTWs in this thread somewhere?

You can find Squinge's hack here and he updated it for Pets here. Smiley

Ste

Thanks so much, Ste.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: