More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 02:48:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Exporting a neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exporting a neighborhood  (Read 3817 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Exporting a neighborhood
« on: 2009 November 04, 17:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help with exporting my neighborhood.  I want to package it for my own use.  I can't seem to transfer it to another computer without destroying it, so I am leery to try this without help.  Any help will be appreciated or maybe a point in the right direction.  Thank you.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Exporting a neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 04, 17:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about zipping your save file then uploading it then download it from the other computer?
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 04, 17:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about zipping your save file then uploading it then download it from the other computer?
I don't seem to get what I need.  Do you save just the save file or do you also need the other file. I saved them both and it seems to depend on other files because I saved what I wanted and deleted the rest and the saved file didn't work.  I must have left something important out.

I don't know what I did differently, but I got it to work.  Thank you, for your help,tizerist.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 04, 18:53:53 by Process Denied » Logged
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 04, 21:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a neighborhood based on Riverview? Then you need the original Riverview-file, to make it work.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 04, 23:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's the other.  I think I got it.  I was trying to make a Pleasantview,but I think I will make the families and houses,then wait for the town editor to try to make it acurrate as possible.  Thanks though.
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 14, 02:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help with exporting my neighborhood.  I want to package it for my own use.  I can't seem to transfer it to another computer without destroying it, so I am leery to try this without help.  Any help will be appreciated or maybe a point in the right direction.  Thank you.

Go to Crazy Town. (the-izs.com)

Twallan has a mod called "The Porter" which will probably do what you want. I have not tried it myself but it seems to fit your needs.  Smiley

You will need to select who you want to export though, if you try to export the whole neighborhood it will run out of memory and crash.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 15, 18:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided I was going to get all the houses and the players including the dead from Pleasantview and hopefully someone will make a Pleasantview neighborhood in December with the new tool.  Someone probably will, if not, I'll have to give it a shot.  It looks hard though.  I don't see a purpose in making a pseudo neighborhood when a real one might be around the corner.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: