More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 00:09:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Frozen Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frozen Sims?  (Read 7975 times)
Tawny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Frozen Sims?
« on: 2009 December 07, 05:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, today I reinstalled my game (I had problems before with updating to the new 1.7 or whatever) and installed the new Awesome Mod. When I loaded my game, (my legacy, whaaaaa!) my heir (teen) was frozen and I couldn't get him to do anything. So, I did resetSim and still nothing. I finally found that if I do resetSim and then clicked a random "Go here" or "Walk here" or whatever the hell, then I could interact with him again. Once that was all figured out, the clock struck one and the game crashed! BOOOO! So I changed my AM settings so that the AM Story Driver was on. And the same thing happened with the Sim, which I knew how to fix immediately. The clock strikes 1, I hold my breath, the clock strikes 1:01! YAY!

Then, another Sim freezes up. (Elder) UGH :| The way they freeze is really weird, they'll stand there, in a "hand on hip, kindof relaxed" pose, but any interactions you give do nothing, they don't move. I don't think they even blink. They just stand there. So, I did another resetSim and it worked.

Then, ANOTHER Sim freezes up (another Elder, female this time.) She freezes at the end of her shift at the hospital standing straight up with her arms sticking straight out horizontally. This time, I had to enter resetSim like five times before it actually works.

What is happening? How can I stop these shenanigans? Is it AM? The only other mods I have are some pieces of hair and Quick YAWN, if that helps. & I'm on a Mac. Don't know if that'll make a difference, either..?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Frozen Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 07, 05:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did see a comment on another thread that the recent EAxis patch for Mac's is actually quite bad.  So it may be just that.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 07, 09:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did see a comment on another thread that the recent EAxis patch for Mac's is actually quite bad.  So it may be just that.

I doubt it's just a mac only issue. I'm having this exact same problem, w/o the mac. (Unless I have the same problem caused by something else...) It's been driving me crazy lately, sometime's it was happening when they got out of bed, recently it happens whenever a sim finishes reading a story to a toddler. It seems to be random, but they are definitely frozen. No idle movements, not a single twitch or movement of the head. I haven't tried reset sim, usually I will try fast-forwarding, or trying to have another sim interact with the frozen one. usually after 2-3 sim hours, they "Snap out of it" somehow.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 07, 15:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fun part is that I have the mac version and don't see half of the bugs reported...

So this is another case of EAxis patching not being one-size-fits-all... Wait, isn't that always the case? Wink

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
sanscript
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 07, 19:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also blame the latest patch first over any mods, especially if you're on a Mac (ironically, the EA people are claiming that the problems Mac people are having must be cc, hah). I took out all the mods from my game and am now working on my fourth base game reinstall, this time I'm refusing to patch until they fix shit. Unfortunately this means I can't install AwesomeMod yet either. But anyway, I very much doubt your issues are the result of your mods if you haven't had any problems until now. If this problem began around the time of your most recent EA patch, it's definitely the patch doing it.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 07, 20:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always blame EA first for shit like this. I saw when they did the PC patch that TONS of people were having issues with it, so I didn't download the Mac version for a few days after it came out to see if the problems would be the same.

So far, it seems to be working for me, or at least I haven't noticed anything weird. I have no cc though, only stuff from the Sims store and the exchange.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 08, 00:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also blame the latest patch first over any mods

And yet, funny how 90% of "I PATCHED AND NOW IT'S BORKED FUCK YOU EA" posts end with "...oh, so it turned out this one mod I had was incompatible."

The patches screw with things, sure, but most of the outright breakage (games not loading, dogs peeing microwaves) tends to be tight pants.

INFP or something
Tawny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 08, 01:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll deal with it until it gets fixed, whether it's a new EA patch or new AM. Le sigh.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 08, 14:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no frozen sims, therefore, the problem is something you did. Try a clean install + framework + awesomemod + config ONLY, and get rid of all that other crap. Then redownload. Standard procedure for a new expansion pack is to dump all hacks and reacquire from source.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Froggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 14, 22:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh Having frozen sim problem for the first time since I got the game. I just got the newest update for AM today...could this be an issue? I have no other mods at ALL so it isnt a conflict. I have done resetsim a few times and nothing is happening. It is actually 2 sims. Mother and toddler daughter. I was teaching the little one how to talk and as soon as she finished, they both got stuck. Baby is still moving and making looped sounds, but mom is not moving at all. I would LOVE some help here!!

ok So after reset sim about 20 times they finally let go. Is there an issue with the new AM tho? Only asking because I have never had this issue before.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 14, 22:18:52 by Froggie » Logged

ummm..yea...so I dont know what to put here...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 15, 21:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be an EA/computer race condition issue. I can't reproduce it at all here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 16, 05:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of weeks ago I was having a problem with sims freezing. It turned out that the problem was a very old version of csmacd.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: