More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:03:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Special Social Interactions disappear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Special Social Interactions disappear  (Read 6246 times)
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
Special Social Interactions disappear
« on: 2011 March 17, 17:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim has Ambitious, Artistic, Charismatic, Daredevil, and Virtuoso traits, all of which have special social interactions, but she keeps losing the Ambitious and Daredevil special social options. I have all the EP's, am fully patched (for Mac), and Buzzler's Digsite Fixer. It happens both with and without Awesomemod (the mods folder).

The first time this happened she lost only the Ambitious social option after a Crazy Mood drink had worn off. So I used add/droptrait and the social option reappeared. She did not have any more mixed drinks but continued losing the Ambitious social option, then also started losing the Daredevil one. Add/drop trait no longer restored them, nor did resetsim, clearing the caches, or rebuilding the My Documents/The Sims 3 folder. Edit: I also tried reselecting her household via Edit Town.

It was only a couple of Sim days into the game so I started a new game with the same Sim (from the bin when I first created her) in the same neighborhood, Bridgeport. The same two social options keep disappearing without my sim ever having had a Crazy Mood drink. I again tried all the remedies above in addition to adding/deleting the Chosen trait.

I can't find a trigger for this bug. Sometimes it happens during a conversation, sometimes afterward. I haven't noticed that it is a direct result of a special social interaction, say for instance, "Watch This!"

I've searched Google, Modthesims, EA's site, here, etc., and can't find anyone else with this problem. I never had this problem before Late Night. (Originally I wanted to post this in Late Night Bugs and Annoyances, but got the necromancy message).

EDIT: I reinstalled and everything's working how it should -- so far. (I didn't care about the Daredevil social, but along with the Ambitious socials I also lost the ability to ask about other sims' careers, which sucked.)
« Last Edit: 2011 March 17, 22:11:21 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Special Social Interactions disappear
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 21, 16:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some interactions are usage-limited, so you can only use them at specific times or a specific number of times before a cooldown delay is imposed, although I have a vague idea why the Crazy Mood Drink messes up sims, because, frankly, that thing is a badly written pile of bilge...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
Re: Special Social Interactions disappear
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 21, 20:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that my Daredevil socials problem was caused by a cool down, but the missing "Ask about Career" social doesn't seem like it would be since it's not trait-dependent.

My sim had a "Report in" option with Violet Atkins from an opportunity. (I have to say I find the Atkins twins much creepier than any of the vampires.) This was the first time my sim had ever met Violet but was unable to ask about her career. I thought this was because of the Crazy Mood Drink so I add/dropped traits, etc. I also thought maybe it was because of the "Report in" action and so also reset Violet. I even had my sim come back the next simday to try again, to no avail. Then I had my sim meet a random townie stranger and was also unable to "Ask about Career." That's when I tried all the remedies listed in the post above.

I have yet to try the Crazy Mood Drink since I reinstalled (why tempt fate?), but otherwise all my socials are working as they should and all the "Report in" actions have been fine.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: