More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:16:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Skin issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skin issues  (Read 6878 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Skin issues
« on: 2006 April 17, 02:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know where I can find some free and decent barbie skintones?
Those without nipples and genitals? I really tried but it seems that most pretty skins out there are actually 'realistic' skins.

I want light, med, dark med and oriental skin tones. Thanks thanks if you know Wink

Go Away
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
Re: Skin issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 17, 05:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything done by Deb on the SapphireSims2 website is anatomically detail-less in the way you're wanting.  My advice on them, though, dl the characters, and use cleaninstaller to only install the skintones.  I've gotten rid of some good tones from there during cleanouts because they look like bodysuits to me without the details.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 17, 07:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know where I can find some free and decent barbie skintones?
Those without nipples and genitals? I really tried but it seems that most pretty skins out there are actually 'realistic' skins.

I want light, med, dark med and oriental skin tones. Thanks thanks if you know Wink

i wish there were more of these too that look really realistic in shadows n muscle definition. i have kids that play this game, for one thing and it's embarrassing to open up body shop to show someone something and have the "anatomically correct" body parts showcased all over the skintones section  Undecided

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 19, 14:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you see these? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1171731

I just dl'd them myself, but I don't know yet if they are 'correct'.  They seem quite nice - I hope they are suitable.

Update:  I just looked at them in SimPE and they appear to be just what you wanted.  Yes, as Jenwarren mentioned, Helaene's are very nice, too.  I have a lot of her make-up.  Here is her link in case you don't have it: www.helaene.com
« Last Edit: 2006 April 19, 14:38:52 by SockMonkey » Logged
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 19, 14:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helaene's skin tones are Barbie-like, and her Asian ones are nice. The ones SockMonkey linked to should be fine too, the anatomically correct ones at MTS2 are in the Adult Genetics section and these aren't. Around the Sims has some nice skin tones too, and IIRC they're also Barbie-like.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 19, 20:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the best barbie like skins are Revoye's skins on MTS2..not sure on the spelling of her name.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 19, 21:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you see these? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1171731

I just dl'd them myself, but I don't know yet if they are 'correct'.  They seem quite nice - I hope they are suitable.

Update:  I just looked at them in SimPE and they appear to be just what you wanted.  Yes, as Jenwarren mentioned, Helaene's are very nice, too.  I have a lot of her make-up.  Here is her link in case you don't have it: www.helaene.com

I'm blind!  Aaaarrrgh!  Too bright!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 19, 23:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Revoye's are pretty nice, (but shiny...) Enayla's first skin sets were barbie doll too weren't they? Anything you can find at TSR should be as well.

I liked the skins from StarSims (bottom row of the skin section) and they are barbie doll.
Not sure how the newer skins are...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 19, 23:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm blind!  Aaaarrrgh!  Too bright!

Too bright?  Have you looked at your signature line lately?  Quick, Lil Brudder, put your hood back on!

Too bright...Jeez!
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 20, 00:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla at MTS2 has pretty ones, but I don't know about the enhancements. She has a well-done skintone with freckles, too.  She has two natural sets, default replacements and non-default.

Yes, Reavoye's are great, though I think she moved most of hers to TSR.  Her's are also of the shiny/glow type; two sets, one with a less bloated looking belly.  Not as many skintone choices but also very pretty.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 20, 02:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Reavoye's a long time ago.Hers' are the only ones I use most of the time but its too shiny as you guys said. I also use some sim chic skins but they are a little problematic. Some of my sims are born without a face. Totally spooky.

Heleane is down but I'll check them out if she got her site back Tongue

Go Away
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 20, 02:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Too bright?  Have you looked at your signature line lately?  Quick, Lil Brudder, put your hood back on!

Too bright...Jeez!

They're called colors.  Smiley  See, the first one is red, the second one is yellow, the third one is blue, and the fourth one is orange.

JUst because you only see shades of gray doesn't mean we all do, sockmonkey.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 20, 19:52:13 by Lil Brudder » Logged
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 20, 11:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about glow, tanned, cashmere and saigon skin colours?

Vanilla Tango's ones should be Barbie style, as far as I remember.
Look under Sims - Genetics 2.
SockMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 26, 18:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're called colors.  Smiley  See, the first one is red, the second one is yellow, the third one is blue, and the fourth one is orange.

JUst because you only see shades of gray doesn't mean we all do, sockmonkey.

OOOOH!  Monkeys can see red I think.  But to be fair to the color family you really should have green and purple in there too.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 27, 06:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a set of some barbie-fied "safe" skintones with enhanced muscle definition and a more realistic face than the Maxis one... but, they're for males only:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137904

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
bluemoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 27, 15:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made my own set with pinker cheeks & lips. They have no nipples, genitals, or fake cleavage. http://bluemooner.com/cblog/index.php?/categories/14-Genetics
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: