More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:33:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Spontanous reboot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spontanous reboot  (Read 18676 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Spontanous reboot
« Reply #50 on: 2006 June 09, 23:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!

"You screwed up this computer totally.  Please keep your idiot hands off my mouse."

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 June 10, 08:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'll bet your vice-president know-all has a yes-woman for a wife!  Sounds the sort of man who, when going out in his wife or girlfriend's car because his is in for service, automatically assumes he has the driving seat!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 June 10, 13:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure.  Unfortunately, his wife has that disease that makes her muscles gradually harden, like stone.  I can't think what it's called off hand.  She doesn't drive much, but she also won't let him go to the doctor with her, so she must still be able to drive some.  He's pretty much in his own little world when it comes to work right now.

But he's the kind of guy who doesn't take suggestions well when it comes to work.  We have the "old boy network" kind of business when it comes to the top positions.  If you're a man, your input means a lot.  If you're a woman, you're there to make the company look good on paper whether in a management position or just one of the peons.  You can suggest anything you want, it just gets ignored.  Your job is to just do your job and be quiet about it.

Oh, and he's the son of the owner.  So that says a lot right there.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 June 10, 16:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, it would, wouldn't it!  I hope you're looking around for something more challenging elsewhere, where your input would be appreciated!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 June 10, 17:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure.  Unfortunately, his wife has that disease that makes her muscles gradually harden, like stone.  I can't think what it's called off hand.  She doesn't drive much, but she also won't let him go to the doctor with her, so she must still be able to drive some.  He's pretty much in his own little world when it comes to work right now.
That's a disease? I thought that was called "exercise"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 June 10, 20:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think in the wife;s case it's called Scleroderma.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 June 12, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think that's it.  We were told about it over a year ago, and though I knew it I just couldn't think of it.  I just remember them talking about it being called the "statue" disease, because eventually the muscles calcify(?) to the point where the person can't move.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 12, 20:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very sad, I hope they find a cure for the disease before it's too late for her.  And I suppose, in a way, it explains her husband being insensitive to the feelings of his office staff.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 13, 19:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's sad but she's a real trooper about it.  I've only met her once or twice, but she's a real nice person.

And you can tell when she's had a bad night or day because he doesn't talk much the next day.  I can usually get him in some kind of conversation about nothing in particular when things are okay, but he kind of stays to himself when things are rough for her.  I've gotten to know when it's okay to chat and when it's not.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 13, 20:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very sad, I hope they find a cure for the disease before it's too late for her.  And I suppose, in a way, it explains her husband being insensitive to the feelings of his office staff.
According to my information, this condition is genetic, and as such, there is no cure but death. In order to defeat it, everyone who has it must be prevented from reproducing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 13, 22:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they can't cure it, maybe they will find a way of slowing its progress down. 

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 June 14, 22:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, it's a long, slow process and difficult to diagnose because some of the early signs could be symptoms of other things.  I think they determined that she'd had the actual disease 8 years before they figured out what it was.  A lot of doctors later!

And they have 3 sons, all nearly grown now.  Unfortunate to think that they'll pass this along.  And who knows if any of her family before her had it.  They may not have even known!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 June 14, 22:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt things like that will remain such a problem for many more generations though!  Genetics has come a long way in a very short time and most of these kind of diseases and conditions will become a thing of the past.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: