More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 12:53:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  children stuck on bus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: children stuck on bus  (Read 5863 times)
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
children stuck on bus
« on: 2005 August 18, 07:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the Curious family, and when the bus had arrived home, the poor Curious kids couldn't get off the bus! But when I use moveobjects on and move the bus a few grids ahead, they can get off the bus. What is happening there? I didn't have any hacks installed then

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: children stuck on bus
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 18, 07:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me too, and with Pascal alien kid. I had to delete the bus, to free her. My Sim kid could go out of the bus - only the Alien kid was stucked.

Perhaps it's somehow connected to the Alien character, but I didn't pry in it. As I was able to delete the bus, which came the next day as usual - I was satisfied...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 18, 08:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's probably a kicky bag stuck in front of the door.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 18, 08:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya, it was Pascal's kid, Meow. Never knew if it affected Vidcund's kid,Elijah too cuz he came home at 3 as he was still a kid and  Meow came home first, at 1. I deleted the bus too the first time, it's alright, the kids don't have to do homework haha. But i miss them cheering (I know i'm weird haha) and frustrating over homework. moving the bus does help. just thought i'd report this.

a kicky-bag? maybe..haven't thought of that. so i should buy fire and set it there?

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 18, 12:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just check the Lotdebugger to see if there's a stuck kicky-bag, or TwoJeffs also has a fix for them.  His does stuck cellphones as well.  You'd be surprised how many of those you get.  I had almost 170 in one dorm.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 18, 14:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just check the Lotdebugger to see if there's a stuck kicky-bag, or TwoJeffs also has a fix for them.  His does stuck cellphones as well.  You'd be surprised how many of those you get.  I had almost 170 in one dorm.

Holy cow! 170?? I knew there was a reason I never let my sims have cell phones!
By the way Ancient Sim, did you ever get your refrigerator problem sorted out? I am now experiencing a similar problem with the fridges on my residential lots and wondered if you had found a fix or what the culprit is.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 19, 01:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

170 stuck cellphones, eh? I guess I'll look into that problem and see if it's worth a debugger.

My guess is that it's related to the cellphone lotload crash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 19, 01:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort-of related question -

If my Sims pull out the kicky bag for a quick game and I cancel out the action, I end up with the stuck kicky bag thing. Not a problem, 'cause I have the Lot debugger. How come when I click on the 'Unstick Kicky Bags' or whatever it says, it tells me it's cleaned up (usually) 3 objects. Yet I clearly see my Sims only use ONE kicky bag per game. Where'd the other two kicky bags come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 19, 02:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a sim was about to suggest playing kicky bag when you told them to do something else?

Zephyr Zodiac
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 19, 08:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When left to their own devices kicky bags will reproduce, like the evil little things that they are.

The answer I think is obvious ... the kicky bag gets stuck, new kicky bag gets generated for new game, gets stuck. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

If you are saying that if you use the clear stuck kicky bags from the debugger, then have sims play kicky bag and cancel that action, and then clear stuck kicky bags again, and THEN it says always that it has fixed 3 objects, then the problem is most likely some internal thing where you need to kill 3 items to kill 1 stickybag.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 21, 16:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you please give me the website of the debugger? i've just started the game and i find so many problems...makes me wanna choke someone...

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 21, 16:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FFS Debugger. Available from the Free Samples section!

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 21, 16:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh goodie! thanks so much!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: