Game edition flags?

(1/5) > >>

Inge:
Can anyone throw any further light on this, posted by Sophie-David:

As predicted, Teen Style tested true for Flag 12. But surprisingly, Freetime tested true for both Flag 13 and Flag 14. It makes one wonder if Freetime were originally intended to be shipped as two separate EPs. Certainly there are a lot of new features in it (I just got it today). Unless EA corrects this anomaly, Kitchen and Bath Stuff will have to be Flag 15, the very last one available.

J. M. Pescado:
My FT Install is reports game edition of "12287", or 10 1111 1111 1111 b. Free Time is thus flag 14, confirmed internally by samples of EAxis code I've seen in passing.

Here's what I know of the flagbits:
1: Original.
2: UNI
3: NL
4: OFB
5: FFS
6: GLS
7: ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone
8: Seasons
9: Stuff Pack: CS? (not sure on the order of these two)
A: Stuff Pack: HM? (not sure on the order of these two)
B: BV
C: TSS
D: ???
E: FT
F: UNUSED: Kitchen & Bath Crap?
10: UNUSED: Possibly never used, because this is normally the sign bit on int16?

Oddly enough, according to the bitfield above, my game thus has Celebrations and H&M installed on it...except that neither of those two expansion packs has ever even been installed on my hard drives! So while FT is definitely bit 14, 0xE, it is apparently not unusual for the bitfield to contain pure and utter twaddle with regards to older expansion bits. Bit D is definitely NOT, however, FT or any part of FT.

My guess is that this bit-D business is either twaddle, much like how the game has set my CS and HM bits despite that I have never installed those packs, possibly simply because I installed FT or TSS, or that Sophie-David has made a mathematical error, which we can't troubleshoot as he did not show his work.

Inge:
That's very helpful, thank you :)

Inge:
Hang on - have you actually got Teen Style?

J. M. Pescado:
Stupidlilley made me install it to make her stupid house work. Can't torture her properly without her house, y'see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page