More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:12:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Textures Blurring Up When Playing *Solved*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Textures Blurring Up When Playing *Solved*  (Read 4049 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Textures Blurring Up When Playing *Solved*
« on: 2008 August 12, 20:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of I should mention that my graphics card is Nvidia 8600GT with 256MB of memory. I know there are a lot of issues with TS2 and Nvidia cards, so that could be what's causing it. When I first load a lot the textures look sharp and crisp, and everything looks all nice. after playing awhile though the textures will start to blur and it looks all muddy. I don't know what started this, but it looks really ugly. The settings are all on high, except smooth edges, which is off.  I'm not playing with a lot of custom content, or on a very large lot either. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It's kind of annoying, because I swear I don't remember this happening before with this card,  and it should be more than powerful enough for TS2.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 21:50:50 by simsbaby » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Textures Blurring Up When Playing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 12, 20:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same card, and I can't say I've noticed this. I will keep a look out, though.
toad in the hole
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking Stats: 0.044 posts per day

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 12, 21:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whew, I'm logged in after ages of absence 'cause I cannot ignore a fellow sufferer.
After years of playing with an Nvidia Geforce FX card (and in-game graphics blurry as hell) I can only tell you that there are far too many variables in this mess to determine the actual issue easily:
Driver version, driver settings, game graphics settings, you name it.
It's not enough that every computer is different: It seems that any new driver installation behaves differently, not to mention the settings of said driver.
Nevertheless, I found this at MTS2:
<a href="http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=97876">
Use with caution, because the newer EPs are not regarded in this article! You could end up with a nasty triangular/spikey mess in-game.

The moral might be that an Nvidia card is very likely not be the best solution for your game in the long run.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 13, 01:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning off your anti-alias blurring. AA makes everything blurry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 13, 01:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Toad in the Hole. Smiley That helped, but it just takes longer for the texture to start getting blurry. I don't have anti-aliasing on Pescado, so that's not the cause of it.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 13, 09:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me before. After awhile, things start going blurry and horrible. Usually it's caused by alt-tabbing in and out of the program. Sometimes it just happens on it's own, but I don't know what causes it.
toad in the hole
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking Stats: 0.044 posts per day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 13, 15:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Nvidia cards generally have a problem with processing and displaying more complex textures, and there is pretty little you can do about it.
I found out that whenever the size (zoom) of a texture changes or a sim spins to change clothes, the lawn for example gets completely blurry.
It was so annoying that after two years I finally gave in and got myself another graphics card.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 13, 21:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey. I managed to fix my problem by getting different drivers, so it's good now. Smiley Thanks for the help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: