More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 20:42:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pre-Nightlife Houses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pre-Nightlife Houses  (Read 15226 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Pre-Nightlife Houses
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 11, 01:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone's interested, I uploaded a house to SimFreaks Forum tonight.  It's been throughly tested in game, installed into a vanilla hood with clean installer, checked over and then tested again.  Only Maxis stuff in it, so it's only 1MB although it's quite a large house.

http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?s=55f8add0df904253372fe2b3f732038d&showtopic=4404&pid=42273&st=0&#entry42273

It's the part of the last post on the page.
nice house ZZ.I am downloading it now.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 11, 01:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you like it!  Let me know if you have any problems with it, though, won't you?

BlueSoup, I only have 1 Gig of RAM and it plays well in my game - I think it looks bigger than it actually is in that it has spacious rooms but only two bedrooms, so it's for a smalll but well-off family.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 11, 01:22:31 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 11, 01:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have 756MB of RAM, and a craptastic video card, so I can't play larger houses.  I made a two-story Victorian the other day, and it barely runs.  I can't imagine having to actually play it, and it's not even on that big of a lot.  Undecided
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 11, 01:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, I like big houses - I have 2 Giga RAM and 800 MHz CPU, and I have to wait about 1 minute to save the lot. When I play small lots, the game runs very fast.

Strange, but Maxis didn't publish the System Requirements for Business EP. It sounds suspicious, and I already warned my technician to be "stand-by".
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 11, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame!  I found 756MB was not good, mainly I think because you can't have equal pairs.  Wish I'd updated to 1.5GB though, while I still had the cash!  I think when you're short of RAM, the basement is just a waste of it - the lofts in Pleasantview never seem to have a problem even with a lot of things going on on the roof!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 11, 01:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I first got the game, I only had 256MB, so when I upgraded, it was like a whole new world!  Now I find I'm getting dissatisfied again though.  Undecided
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 11, 01:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried raising your virtual memory a bit?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 11, 01:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even really know what that is, let alone how to raise it (although I do occasionally get a pop-up saying it's low...)  Embarrassed
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 11, 01:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"ONLY 1 gig?"  I have half that!  I can manage large lots OK, but I don't like them as I can never find anybody.  I prefer the townhouses with lots of floors, rather than long sprawling things. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 11, 01:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it just as hard to find sims if you keep having to go up floors!  But since I rarely play with more than 5-6 in a family tops it's not such a problem for me to find them.  What I hate are houses like the Pleasant house and the Goth house, with loads of dark, poky corners which are just impossible to manage!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 11, 02:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I restarted Pleasantview recently and the first thing I did (after nixing each storyline and resurrecting Bella) was to redo all the homes of the Maxis characters!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 11, 02:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've done that before, but I'm about sick of it!  And I can't really copy an improved version because of all the terrain paints!

I just had the most awful job resurrecting Bella, I don't know if it's because this is an old hood that hadn't been played since before Uni. but in the end I had to do it in simPE twice - the second time, though, when Michael (who she resurrected the first time around) asked her to move in, she brought over 2 million simoleons with her!  Don't get that through the GR!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 11, 03:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as soon as I discovered how bad custom terrain paints are, I ditched all my neighborhoods and got rid of all the terrain paint in my downloads folder.

I may get attached to my sims but I won't keep something so buggy/annoying as custom terrain paints in my game.

I used Inges teleporter plus shrub to teleport Bella, used InSIM to quickly make Mortimer and Bella in love before Bella disappeared with the message about dying on another lot, then had Mortimer call the reaper to get her back. She is now back "in touch" with Don  Wink  poor Mortimer dosen't even notice when his wife is woohooing with Don, in her car, in the driveway, while he is watching TV *laughs*

I never bothered with Bella before untill someone posted about how easy resurrecting Bella is now, decided I wanted to see what she looked like *laughs*
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 11, 03:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the problem was that none of the sims retained any memories of her even after she'd been in the house for hours, played chess with Alexander etc. Once I teleported her back in, though, they all remembered her again!  I think it's because it's an old hood and although I've loaded a Uni I haven't actually played it yet.

I shan't nuke my hoods, just gradually move my sims into houses without terrain paints at all, and then bulldoze the affected lots.  Or I suppose I could just move all the families into the bin and then bulldoze, remove paints, build new houses.  But houses that are free of terrain paints when built seem to remain free when you package them and install into a vanilla hood with the clean installer, so I don't really think it's necessary to do that. And premade houses which just have Maxis terrain paints aren't affected unless you open the terrainpaint folder to get rid of them!  But you can, of course, install them into a vanilla hood and do it there.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 11, 03:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

speaking of Maxis terrain paint, I find it odd (and somewhat annoying) that if I place a driveway over a spot that has been painted the driveway dosen't show up in Neighborhood view (if the terrain paint is only under part of it then only part of the driveway shows up)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 11, 03:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another terrain paint problem!  Sad

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 11, 04:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you like it!  Let me know if you have any problems with it, though, won't you?

BlueSoup, I only have 1 Gig of RAM and it plays well in my game - I think it looks bigger than it actually is in that it has spacious rooms but only two bedrooms, so it's for a smalll but well-off family.
I ahave no problem with large houses and i Have a gig of Ram

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 11, 04:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think it's what's in the houses that creates most of the problems, so I tend to use mainly Maxis stuff and some recolours, not many new meshes.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 11, 05:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think it's what's in the houses that creates most of the problems, so I tend to use mainly Maxis stuff and some recolours, not many new meshes.
I use CC by the boatload when I furnish my houses and havent had issues but I tend to use cc only from creators I have used alot in the past as their meshes have never created problems in my game.I rarely ever use CC from creators nobody has ever heard of.for example I use CC objects from Cash craft all the time and I have a lot of his/her CC in game. the CC is absolutely stunning in Game from CashCraft.custom terrains i absolutely wont use because there appears to be serious problems with the majority of the custom terrains that are available.
  you are correct that many times if a lot is having trouble it could be bad meshes.recolors are generally speaking harmless

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 11, 07:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A great deal also depends when you load the lot.  At the beginning of the playing session, it's much easier to play a large lot than towards the end, when there's a lot of RAM being used.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: