More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 18:56:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How rich is rich?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How rich is rich?  (Read 7437 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
How rich is rich?
« on: 2005 November 18, 15:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I get the standard want to 'marry a rich sim' for my fortunes, and lock it when it comes up. I have had problems fulfilling that want even when they marry the Diva or Mr Big. I ask them how much money do they have and they always reply '§§§'. I have even had one who has replied '§§§§' (she married in with §19,000)
What I want to know is, how many simolean signs constitutes a rich sim, and how much in simoleans that is.
My sims usually are worth about §25,000-§35,000  Smiley

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How rich is rich?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 15:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, if you click on the "marry a rich sim" want of the Fortune sim, you can see there her/his limits. I know that Dina's limit is 15,000$, but there are others who shows a higher limit - as 25K, or 50K.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 15:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might it depend on how rich the first sim is to begin with?

Take the DeFactos, for example. They have §2,000,000+. Would someone with equal or greater wealth have to marry one of them in order for the want to be registered?

Edit: Damn, I should have actually read what Gali put. Then I wouldn't have to have asked, would I?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 16:15:50 by Nihale » Logged

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 15:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, if you click on the "marry a rich sim" want of the Fortune sim, you can see there her/his limits. I know that Dina's limit is 15,000$, but there are others who shows a higher limit - as 25K, or 50K.

REALLY? lol Sheesh i learn something new everyday. I thought it was a default figure.  BTW i've always been confused (no jokes) but do you have to move the sim in before marriage to get the want to move the sim in with the actual marriage act.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 16:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

REALLY? lol Sheesh i learn something new everyday. I thought it was a default figure.  BTW i've always been confused (no jokes) but do you have to move the sim in before marriage to get the want to move the sim in with the actual marriage act.

Move them in with the actual marriage...if you move them in before the marriage takes place it won't fulfill the marry a rich sim want for whatever crazy reason.  I always thought this was stupid..but yeah know lol
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 17:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was $50,000.  I didn't know that it changed with different sims.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 17:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't know if I have to move them in first - I never play with Fortune sims. But when I played at Strangetown, one of the sims wanted to marry a rich sim - I clicked on the want, and saw ( at least 50,000$).
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 18:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was $50,000 too and I didn't know you could click on the want to find out.  I'm surprised Dina was happy with $15,000 - bit of a cheapsakte then really, isn't she.  It's peanuts when you're Martin Ruben and your girlfriend Jane Stacks won just under $6,000,000 on the Sim State Lottery.  He's lucky Dina was long dead when that happened.

I never remember whether the $50,000 (or whatever the figure is) includes the value of their house and contents, or is just the money in the bank, although I think it's the former.  I do wish they could satisfy the "Marry a Rich Sim" want when they're already living together, though. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 19:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally prefer to do it the other way around since when you ask a Sim to marry you, if it is not the last Sim on the lot, it will only bring a percentage of the money.  The game will calculate it depending on the real money they have not on what the house is worth in a whole (I use to know how much % but don't remember *damnit* I think it is something like 10%), so to make sure you need to know what would be 10% of the amount of the money that Sim have.

By making the rich Sim propose and, at the same time, making the "I want to marry a rich Sim" Sim move-in there by getting married you are sure that all the money there will count and that the want will be fulfill.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 20:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I've known, the amount has always been $50,000.  I've yet only to have one sim marry a 'rich' one and I had to set that up to test it.  I had the 'rich' sim living in his own house and all together he was worth just over $50,000 and this included the house, furniture and everything.

When I did the propose>marriage (I didn't move in the sim beforehand) the want to marry a rich sim was fulfilled.

I had another interesting thing happen in that I had a money sim move into a family in which I wanted her to marry into.  Although she never spun up the want to marry a rich sim, after she married, she had a memory of marrying a rich sim.  The family was worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 or so.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 18, 21:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You always get a "Married Rich Sim" green memory if the sim you marry is rich. Marrying a rich sim even overcomes the normal Romance sim "red" memory of being married.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 23:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't know that! Grin I haven't clicked on that want cos it seemed straightforward enough Wink Thanks.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 19, 17:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering this myself. I had a fortune marry a sim who had earned 170K from painting, working, etc. and I thought it would satisfy his want to marry a rich sim. No dice, she wasn't rich enough. I could only make this face:  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 20, 09:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just made a fortune sim to test out the want-and when I clicked on it, it didn't say how much money is needed for this want to be fulfilled.She was in a 'trailer' and was worth about §18,000. Anyways, I made a sim for her to marry, familyfunded him §500,000, moved him in a 'mansion' and let the magic begin. She got the 'marry rich sim' want-I duly locked it and when I married them together-the want stayed locked! Angry Wasn't fulfilled. Gahh!

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 20, 11:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Marry A Rich Sim want/memory is only triggered if the Sim actually earnt that cash. Try taking a Uni graduate. Put him/her in the Natural Science career. When the sim gets promoted to level 10, and earns a big cash boost of $30,000, quit the job, and repeat the process with the same sim. They should get the Earned $50,000 memory very quickly, and that should be enough to fulfil the want.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 20, 11:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Marry A Rich Sim want/memory is only triggered if the Sim actually earnt that cash. Try taking a Uni graduate. Put him/her in the Natural Science career. When the sim gets promoted to level 10, and earns a big cash boost of $30,000, quit the job, and repeat the process with the same sim. They should get the Earned $50,000 memory very quickly, and that should be enough to fulfil the want.

Venusy, all my sims are "milliarders", using Motherlode. When I build a house, it costs at least 650,000$. No sim can buy it, unless I cheat.

So, I moved Cassandra to a new house, and gave her 1,500,000$. Then I moved to a 2x2 lot another CAS sim, Knowledge, who was going to marry her, built only a wall with telephone, but gave him 1 million dollars too.

After he came to visit (with the welcome committee), I increased their relationship to 100/100 + love sign. When he came the next time to visit, he showed a want to marry Cassie.

As I hate parties (too much fuss), I married them instantly, and I saw the $ sign over their plumbob. I looked at their memories, and it was written there "married a rich sim".

So, a sim doesn't have to work to earn the large sum of money - you can cheat too, and still he will get the same memory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 20, 12:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the definitive requirements for "Marry a Rich Sim".

Your resident sim will satisfy this want if the following conditions are all met:
1. The sim being married into the family lives on another lot. The other sim must live on a DIFFERENT lot, and must not be in the fambly bin.
2. The sim moved in must bring at least $50K in cash. The amount of cash brought is equal to 10% of the original family's cash reserves, or the entire networth if that sim lives alone.

The sim moving in will satisfy the want if the following conditions are met:
1. The family that the sim is moving into has a networth of at least $50K, including the value of furnishing, home, and cash reserves.

Otherwise you fail. It has nothing to do with memories of how much money a sim has earned, etc., etc. This is it. It is purely determined by networth/money added to family, with aforementioned "must not be in the fambly bin" caveat. End of story.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: