More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So, why do you suppose my sim can ONLY make evil toys?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So, why do you suppose my sim can ONLY make evil toys?  (Read 13735 times)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
So, why do you suppose my sim can ONLY make evil toys?
« on: 2008 August 16, 10:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe Carr, married into the family, now an elder, has max enthusiasm in Arts & Crafts, all creativity points, and has made 16 straight evil jack-in-the-boxes in a row, followed by 7 straight evil kites in a row.

Actually, prior to this, I didn't even know an evil kite existed. I've never, ever seen it before, and OFB's been around quite some time now.

This has to be a glitch, correct? I do realize the man has only 3 nice points, but I know I've had other grouchy sims at the toy bench before, and I've never seen this happen.

He is also perma-plat about 40 times over, so being in a bad mood is not an issue either.

What gives?

I don't mind the evil JITB, but I'd like some normal kites for him to gift to the grandkids.

ETA: I think he did make one or two regular jack-in-the-boxes at first before this streak started, so I'm not sure what went wrong.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 16, 10:21:42 by buddha pest » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: So, why do you suppose my sim can ONLY make evil toys?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 16, 10:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like you have DC, which contains evilsimseviltoys.package. It makes evil toys to be default for grouchy Sims.
The hack was made because evil toys are very rare to begin with (that's why you've never seen them before), even before hitting PermaPlat or gaining Gold badge, and virtually impossible to produce after hitting PermaPlat.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 16, 10:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil kite? What does the evil kite do?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 16, 10:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For kids? Nothing. Kids are immune to the effect. For non-kids? Why exactly are you still doing that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 16, 10:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like you have DC, which contains evilsimseviltoys.package. It makes evil toys to be default for grouchy Sims.
The hack was made because evil toys are very rare to begin with (that's why you've never seen them before), even before hitting PermaPlat or gaining Gold badge, and virtually impossible to produce after hitting PermaPlat.
Aha!

See, I weed throught the DC every time to nix the DO NOT WANTS, but I've never even heard of this one.

Okay, thanks.

Apparently, evil kite just gets you electrocuted faster, Annan.

For kids? Nothing. Kids are immune to the effect. For non-kids? Why exactly are you still doing that?
Oh, well if kids are immune, then I guess I shouldn't fret, but that evil kite is creepy looking.

And FYI, my grown sims do fly kites as well because they are so foot loose and fancy free. So there.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 16, 11:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil kite? What does the evil kite do?
There was a thread about evil toys here.

More info about evil toys: http://www.snootysims.com/infoindex.php?id=badges

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 16, 11:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ergh, so does this mean he's going to make some kind of craptacular Water Wigglers that make a big mess? Or does that only happen if they break?

I don't feel like exiting the game and firing up again before he gets his damn gold badge.

The whole purpose of this was so that the damn family wouldn't have to bathe their pigpen dogs every damn day of life. I need functional Water Wigglers damnit!

I can say "damn" 20 more times if you want me to too! Damn, damn, DAMN, James!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 16, 11:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ergh, so does this mean he's going to make some kind of craptacular Water Wigglers that make a big mess? Or does that only happen if they break?

If you take out evilsimseviltoys.package, PermaPlat Sims won't be able to produce evil toys ever again. Non-PermaPlat Sims will still produce evil toys once in a while, but only when their aspiration and/or motive are very low.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 16, 17:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does evilness make toys less attractive to customers in businesses?  Because if not, I might install that.  My neighborhood could use an evil toyshop.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 16, 20:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are just as likely to buy an evil toy as a non-evil one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 17, 03:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wish my artsy sim made only evil kites. To give to his grandkids. So they would die. He refused to make a single one, out of sixty. You know how hard it is to get people electrocuted the normal way?

What? Stop looking at me like that.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 17, 03:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you take out evilsimseviltoys.package, PermaPlat Sims won't be able to produce evil toys ever again. Non-PermaPlat Sims will still produce evil toys once in a while, but only when their aspiration and/or motive are very low.
Yeah, I know. I just don't want to exit and restart to get the hack out. I'm a lazy monkey. I leave the game running for days on end.

Wish my artsy sim made only evil kites. To give to his grandkids. So they would die. He refused to make a single one, out of sixty. You know how hard it is to get people electrocuted the normal way?

What? Stop looking at me like that.
So download the mod in question? Unless of course he's a nice guy....

It's not that hard to get electrocuted with the regular kite either though. Just wait for a thunderstorm, and go fly a kite.  Wink
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 17, 04:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So download the mod in question? Unless of course he's a nice guy....

It's not that hard to get electrocuted with the regular kite either though. Just wait for a thunderstorm, and go fly a kite.  Wink

I think it turns into a sadistic game, where I decide the sim is spiting me by making only happy rainbow kites, and I think "Fine, screw you too, you can stand here and make kites forever you dirty rotten son of a bitch."
Being inanimate, he doesn't appear to mind. But he will. Oh, he will.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 17, 04:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no real difference between the evil and non-evil kites, except that the EVIL ONES LOOK MORE AWESOME. But I probably just think so because I'm a mean sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 17, 04:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole purpose of this was so that the damn family wouldn't have to bathe their pigpen dogs every damn day of life. I need functional Water Wigglers damnit!

Never wash your dog again. Only slightly cheaty.

There is no real difference between the evil and non-evil kites, except that the EVIL ONES LOOK MORE AWESOME. But I probably just think so because I'm a mean sim.

I prefer them as well. I have no idea what that means.  Cheesy
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 17, 04:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There really isn't? The one time I did get one, the sim using it ALWAYS got electrocuted. Every time.

...in Winter.

They really do look awesome though.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 17, 04:39:07 by Grugly » Logged

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 17, 05:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I can't. I can't cheat in that way. Water Wigglers or bathtubs only.

As far as I can tell, stinky pet fur and stinky pet mouth are not one and the same, and I just couldn't go through with it.

What I may do, however, is cheatily give someone else in the family a gold toymaking badge. Because this is just not fair. I did not know I had this mod in game, or I'd have sent a nicer sim to toy-making-skilling.

Apparently I'm a nice sim now because that evil one really gives me the heebs for some reason that I just can't explain. Freaky clown-in-a-box doesn't faze me, but that kite is...hairy or...something.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 17, 16:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just pull the hygiene bar up on dogs. Sometimes I forget, and if I do so to the point at which they actually get stinky, they get a bath.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 17, 17:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are just as likely to buy an evil toy as a non-evil one.

Awesome.  I have to install this when I get back to my computer.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

TimeStop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 17, 21:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There really isn't? The one time I did get one, the sim using it ALWAYS got electrocuted. Every time.

...in Winter.

I'd have to say your sim just fails at life. Unless it wasn't a kid, I'm not sure how kites work with adults. But it's annoyingly difficult to kill off sim children. Or even just electrocute them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 18, 05:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure I didn't apply the effects to water wigglers because there's actually a meaningful difference. Whereas the other toys have no functional purpose and frankly, the evil versions are funnier!

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 18, 05:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Joe got his gold badge today and is churning out quality Wigglers.

The day is saved.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 18, 16:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...in Winter.
I'd have to say your sim just fails at life.

He does. He's a Mr. Big. So many skills and so much money that they're instaboring, and with a big nose to boot.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 19, 02:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I can't. I can't cheat in that way. Water Wigglers or bathtubs only.

As far as I can tell, stinky pet fur and stinky pet mouth are not one and the same, and I just couldn't go through with it.

I have a great dog washing cheat( of sorts) but it was from a site that no longer exists- it is a fire hydrant that the dog can activate automously.  I love it and it looks cute too.  I wish that site didn't go under it had some cool things. Cry
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 25, 16:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gonan risk my neck here and ask where I could get this evilsimseviltoys.package? I did a goggle search and nothing useful came up Embarrassed

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: