More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 03:49:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  can't move out in neighbourhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: can't move out in neighbourhood  (Read 4880 times)
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
can't move out in neighbourhood
« on: 2005 August 18, 07:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem of not able to move out of a house. It's not in the university, it's in the neighbourhood. I've tried many times, using the newspaper to "find own place" and the computer too, but nothing happens. I haven't had any hacks that time, and even after I installed the moveoutbugfix hack or even the moveoutcontroller hack which is for university, nothing happens. help!

oh and Mr JM Pescado, last time when I tried to enter this site, I was directed to another site, one which needs me to subscibe $29.90 or sth. What happened there?

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: can't move out in neighbourhood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 18, 08:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best action is, to move the family to the family bin, and then to a new house, preferably your own build on an empty lot. JM says that there are "troubles" with pre-made Uni houses, so stay away from them.

It's a JMP joke - if you are ready to pay, you can enter the site without paying. This is a free site...Smiley.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 18, 08:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but the house was my own house. I built it from scratch! That was the Singles family. I also experienced the same problem in the Curious family, and the Beaker family. I'm playing Strangetown. What are pre-made Uni houses? Are they in the university campus? My families are in the neighbourhood, not the university.

You know what? I have an idea, but it's such a pain in the @$$ to go through it. I'm thinking of moving graduated people into a new house, then ask the sims that I intend to move in the first place to move in. Then I'll use the same way to move the graduated sims. A huge project, wonder if it works though.

It's a joke? Haha, I did click on the subscribe to see where it will lead me, but an error page pops up.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 19, 02:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's something to do with the various moveout fixes affecting this, and you need to move all those fixes out of your game in order to use the newspaper/computer to move a sim out.  I don't know which one is the cause of the problem, as the poster who helped me didn't know either, and I haven't got around to reinstalling them one at a time to find out!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 19, 04:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's insanely late at night, I'm waiting for my painkillers to kick in so I can sleep, so god knows where my brain is... but I thought that not being able to use the Move Out option was another of those bugs caused by the InSiminator/InTeenimator? It conflicts with JMP & TwoJeffs' Move Out fixes, iirc.

If you don't have the InSim or InTeen then feel free to ignore me Grin.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 19, 07:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to me from time to time. I don't know the cause, but moving out and back in usually resolves it. Very frustrating, I know.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 19, 10:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all I know is, it never happened to me before I installed all three move-out fixes, and when I took them out, the sim who couldn't move out could!  Better than moving the whole family then having to go through all the bother of refurnishing the house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 19, 14:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's fabulous move-out-object-stayer can help with that. The critical fixes caused the problem for you? I'm pretty sure I've had the problem before installing those, myself, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. I just know that I've had the problem pop up since early on.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 21, 16:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm..i did mention that it was before i've installed any hacks...i've tried removing and installing them. no use. but my "little" project of another sim asking them to move in did work, so yay! thanks all! hugs and kisses!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 21, 17:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related topic, does anyone else get as annoyed as I do about the inability to move Greeks from one house to another?  I've just had to move Allegra and Martin out of their Greek house, then move them back, which left them almost penniless, before Allegra could ask Castor to move in!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: