More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:15:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack Request  (Read 3760 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Hack Request
« on: 2006 July 13, 00:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone :-)
I'm going to start a Art Shop but my adult sims on full creativety points only paint the same damn pictures (theres about 5 of them).  I noticed that YA's paint different pictures, and there a different pictures for each creativety point, so would there be away to unlock some more of them so my sims have more of a range? 

Hope that made sense

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Hack Request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 13, 01:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian did something like that, here.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 13, 01:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really an answer to your question....more of an observation....but...in the next ep they apparently will have an easy way to paint your own pictures, Snooty has a link to the Maxoids post about this. So your art shop can sell the great art treasures of the world.....as long as you have a copy of them in the My Pictures folder of course  Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 13, 15:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a faq for this on MTS2. (I used it to have my simmies paint KOTOR Fanart, like my avatar)

Lemme see if I can find the link...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 13, 15:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can replace the paintings made by sims with ones of your own using the instructions and templates provided by SaraMK at MTS2, but the paintings are assigned to certain skill levels I believe (you always get the same one at level 0 and so on). There are 12 paintings in total but only eleven skill levels (0-10) so presumably some variation is possible in the sequence of paintings. The game will always see the same 12 paintings regardless of what image you replace them with, and price them according to skill level. Of course, you can make multiple versions of each if you want more visual variety in your game, but be sure not to have more than one of each painting in your game at a time.

Instead of creating global replacements, you can change individual paintings "on the fly" once your sim has the ability to paint a portrait or landscape. When you press the C key to 'take' the picture, the image is stored in the main Storytelling folder as a file called snapshot.bmp. Once you've snapped the pic, exit the game and replace that image with one of your own choosing. You need to do this before you take any other pictures in your game, since this file shows only the most recent picture you've taken (in other words, it continuously updates as you take pictures). You will notice that the image seems squished, because the game compresses the normal 600x900 image as a 600x450 image. So to prepare a replacement image, size it to 600x900 (preserving the proportions) and then change the image size to 600x450, being sure to NOT constrain proportions (or whatever your image-editing program calls keeping the original ratio when resizing).

You can also use the squished snapshot.bmp image to make buyable painting recolors by resizing it to 600x900 (again, do not constrain proportions) and then reducing it to fit the Lady on Red template available for the Photo Studio function in SimPE, thus:

« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 17:10:25 by Hegelian » Logged

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 13, 15:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's the guide I was looking for. Thanks. *rushes off to MST2 to find the link*

Booyah!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82329

Very simple to follow.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 13, 20:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YA's paint different pictures?

What do they look like?

Anyway, I also thought custom paintings reverted to the defaults when placed in a sim's inventory. So the sims buying them are going to get home and have one of the boring old defaults anyway.

Or so I have heard.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 13, 20:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you replace the defaults in SimPe via the above linked faq, then they won't convert.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 13, 21:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*smacks head* However did I miss this before?!

I'd just like to thank everyone for asking the questions I didn't think to ask. Smiley

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 13, 23:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow everyone thank you so much.

Hegelian  - i'll deffinatly have a play with it, thanks for the info, much appeciated :-)

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 14, 16:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought, it's more of a pain in the butt I know...but if it's varity you want you can always do still lifes and portraits.  Might be a kind of cool idea for your studio to have a chair or loveseat set up with decorations and plants around it, have the sim sit or lounge and go home with a custom portrait. 

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: