More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uni Careers for non Uni Sims...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni Careers for non Uni Sims...  (Read 4900 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Uni Careers for non Uni Sims...
« on: 2006 April 13, 05:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the game....I was wondering if there are any hacks to allow non Uni Sims to get a Uni only career, e.g. Show Business, Paranormal etc..I did do a quick search, but didn't find what I was looking for. Huh

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Uni Careers for non Uni Sims...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 13, 05:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the 'upgrade pre-uni sims' option on the lot debugger they can get jobs in uni careers.  If you want something less-awesome I believe Christianluv has a buyable diploma at MTS2 that does much the same thing.  Both options require that you have the Uni EP installed.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 13, 05:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's hacked computer might work.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 13, 05:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys, I'll try the Lot Debugger first.. Smiley

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 13, 13:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main difference between using the LotDebugger and using Christianlov's buyable diploma is that the latter gives a memory of the Sim graduating (to both the Sim concerned and their family) whereas the LotDebugger just gives them the extra slots, so it depends which method you prefer.  The ChristianLov one also gives them the actual diploma in their inventory, which will enable them to get the new careers.  Otherwise, you can get them very simply by spawning the Career Adjustor that comes with the (hush) Insim.  That's how I get mine into those careers.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 13, 13:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main difference between using the LotDebugger and using Christianlov's buyable diploma is that the latter gives a memory of the Sim graduating (to both the Sim concerned and their family) whereas the LotDebugger just gives them the extra slots, so it depends which method you prefer.  The ChristianLov one also gives them the actual diploma in their inventory, which will enable them to get the new careers.  Otherwise, you can get them very simply by spawning the Career Adjustor that comes with the (hush) Insim.  That's how I get mine into those careers.

I use both, the Lot Debugger first for the extra slots, then the Diploma to get the memory and the diploma.

Let the Beast inside you free!
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 13, 13:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use the diploma as it gives you all the things if you want them.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 13, 15:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need the physical diploma or the memories to get UNI careers.  The Lot Debugger enables it all on it's own.  Ultimately, the memories are only useful to Family Sims who need to get an LTW filled.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 13, 17:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally use the FFS lot debugger, the newest version of it will ask in which field your sim graduated.  When that is done, if I have the boolprop testingcheats at on, I shift+clic on the FFS debugger and there is an option to respawn the diploma and it will added to the inventory.

So you only need the FFS debugger to do all this as long as you don't mind using the testingcheats.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 13, 18:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you only need the FFS debugger to do all this as long as you don't mind using the testingcheats.

And if you're using the debugger regularly and not using debug mode, well, that's just all sorts of silliness right there.

I don't even use the additional functions enabled by debug mode 99% of the time, and I still play in debug mode constantly. 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 13, 20:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruann I did not mention clearly what I meant. 

I meant to say that the debug cheat must be on in order for the extra option of the FFS debugger to appear when you shift+clic on it.  You don't actually need to use it, just leaving it at on is fine.

Many are using hack objects enabling option of the debug mode so they won't have to leave the cheat on because supposably it will break the game.  Roll Eyes
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 13, 22:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ruann I did not mention clearly what I meant. 

I meant to say that the debug cheat must be on in order for the extra option of the FFS debugger to appear when you shift+clic on it.  You don't actually need to use it, just leaving it at on is fine.

Many are using hack objects enabling option of the debug mode so they won't have to leave the cheat on because supposably it will break the game.  Roll Eyes

I guess I didn't make myself clear, then, either.

If you're using the FFS debugger and NOT playing in debug mode, you're not the brightest bulb in the bunch.  (Unless, of course, you are going to force errors on everything.  Follow the documentation at that point and turn off debug mode.  Unless you WANT to watch it explode on you.)

Maybe that was too polite...

To be fair, I have had debug mode go batshit crazy on me exactly one time and make me force the game closed.  But that was when Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth decided to get it on in the bedroom (for their very first time) and Alexander Goth decided to pull a Linda Blair head trick at the same time.  Needless to say, error box popped up in the middle of the cinematic, and I couldn't click on shit.  Nor would the keys on the keyboard work to trigger the response options.  The Windows key worked to bring up the start menu, though.   Roll Eyes
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 14, 03:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I must say I was afraid for awhile to use it (too much time spend on the sims 2 board I guess).

Then I started to come here.  Read people talking about it and leaving it at on all the time without problem and reading about all this was just bullshit, it cannot harm the game unless YOU press the wrong option.  So I read the manual on how to use it (mostly what option not to select) and started to try things and notice it did not harm anything and if I did not like what I have done I just go back to neighborhood without saving and that was it, all was erase.

Hack objects are useful though, don't get me wrong here, it is a very appreciated short cut.  I love FFS debugger, Merola's painting, and TJ college adjuster, they save a lot of time and some options on these objects are not available with the debug cheat but are in SimPe.  As of now I am still not a SimPe user but it is my next step.  I want to learn how to do mod and other things like that and learn the logic behind all this.  It really interest me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: