More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 15:34:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Conversing about Attraction Tokens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Conversing about Attraction Tokens  (Read 2126 times)
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Conversing about Attraction Tokens
« on: 2006 April 06, 15:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've been playing a quasi-Legacy style neighborhood.  Everything has been running fine, but I've noticed an unfortunate trend in Sim-Conversations.

Sims will talk about memories they have or memory tokens that have been passed to them from other sims.  Unfortunately, this is now seeming to include Attraction Tokens. 

That is a picture of Melinda Founder with a memory token of her husband's Attraction towards a townie.  The amusing side effect is that when she talks about the memory token, she gets a picture of that townie in her speech bubble with stupid hearts farting out of it.  The downside is that her youngest Child caught the memory and was discussing it as well.   Roll Eyes

This wasn't something that was passed on via a gossip conversation.  Dempsey actually talked about it in the hot tub with his Wife, Son, and Son-in-Law.  His son then started spouting the farty-hearts speech bubble about the Townie in question as well, which I'm sure was quite amusing to his husband sitting in the tub with them.  And another Sim picked one up on the phone last night from a friend he was talking to.  I actually only clued in because I saw that particular Icon briefly, followed immediately by a random Townie with farty-heart syndrom in the speech bubble.

Is there any way to keep Sims from talking about these kinds of memory tokens, or are we going to be stuck with having to delete these tokens in SimPE constantly?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Conversing about Attraction Tokens
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 06, 18:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will talk about memories they have or memory tokens that have been passed to them from other sims.  Unfortunately, this is now seeming to include Attraction Tokens. 

This isn't new.  It's been happening since NL, and several people have mentioned it on other threads here.  Just because Sim1 is 'farting hearts' about Sim2 doesn't mean that Sim1 is attracted to Sim2 - it could be a memory of someone else's attraction.

Before I got OFB I was using Theo's excellent memory plugin to get rid of the 'was attracted to ...' items that didn't belong to the sim in question, thus also deleting the ones they'd subsequently passed on to other sims.  I did this after every gameplay session to minimise the appearance of heart-y thought bubbles that actually belonged to another sim.  Unfortunately Theo's plugin isn't compatible with the current version of SimPE.

But yeah I agree with you.  I'd like something that suppressed the 'heart farting' if it was merely a memory of some other sim's attraction, and not the sim's own attraction.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Re: Conversing about Attraction Tokens
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 06, 18:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing, though.  Sims shouldn't be talking about them at all.  It's not like they can't make non-chattable memory tokens.  They do it for the Secret Society members, after all.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: