More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 16:59:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  ARRRRRGH MY PLEASANTVIEW!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ARRRRRGH MY PLEASANTVIEW!!!  (Read 3620 times)
Joshre
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
ARRRRRGH MY PLEASANTVIEW!!!
« on: 2007 March 15, 21:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK OK sorry about this but my Pleasantview will not come on the original Pleasantview. I followed this guide to get rid of maxis-made townies. And my Pleasantview wouldn't load. I made a new neighborhood and it froze so I restarted my computer and realised that I didn't rename my Pleasantview back to N001. So I changed it and reloaded Pleasantview and all the lots were in the water and it was in the new neighborhood that froze while loading. The only families are the Calientes and the Dreamers and all the charecters arn't related so could someone tell me what happened and how to fix it? Huh Undecided
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: ARRRRRGH MY PLEASANTVIEW!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 16, 01:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not expert on this, but I think that if you uninstall the last EP you have, then install it again - you can get back the original PleasantView. If you don't get it - you have to install the whole game again.

And, "thumb-rule" for future 'experiments': always copy/past on your desktop these folders: Neighbourhoods, Downloads, Saved Sims, Packaged Lots, and Collections. Or, if you have SimPe - backup the hood, so you can restore it again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 16, 01:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK OK sorry about this but my Pleasantview will not come on the original Pleasantview. I followed this guide to get rid of maxis-made townies.
Which "guide"? And did you want a standard, out-of-the-box Pleasantview, or did you want your specific, played Pleasantview back?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 16, 01:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you just want a brand new Pleasantview you don't have to go to all that trouble. Just move or rename the EAGames folder in your "My Docs" area and then fire up the game. It should give you brand new neighborhoods #001, 002, 003. And there is a fourth neighborhood if you have Seasons, of course

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 16, 02:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were following SaraMK's tutorial for you might have to copy the N001 folder off the base game CD/DVD, as hers involves tinkering with the N001 files in the Program Files/EA Games directory.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 23, 09:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe, if you followed the advice properly, you could use the back up you made.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: