More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 18:15:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Autoplay not working on BV and FT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autoplay not working on BV and FT  (Read 3690 times)
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Autoplay not working on BV and FT
« on: 2008 July 04, 13:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

After some probelms with not being able to play the Sims 2, and later on some other games too, my family left in the computer at the store we bought it at. Came out that the mothercard and the graphics card didn't work well together and we gota  new mothercard... pfft..  I'm now playing the game without any problems..

except..

I can't install BV and FT. I have searched a bit on here and on Google and seen a couple of others having the same problem but they haven't got a reply which has solved the problem (or no reply at all). What happens is that when I put the CD in, NOTHING happens. It doesn't read the CD. To begin with, the autoplay on the driver was shut off so I simply installed all the expansions by opening the CD file thingies and clicking the autoplay there. Didn't work with BV so I allowed autoplay on the driver again but it still wouldn't work.

Also got a free copy of BV to test with, in case there was something wrong with my CD, as well as Teen stuff pack and Ikea, but they all had the same problem. However Celebration worked, as well as every expansion and the older stuff packs. I have every exapnsion installed up to Seasons and Glamour, Family Fun, Holiday Edition.

Funny thing is that BV would install before, the same original CD, when I was unable to play the game but now it won't.

If someone can help me, or direct me to the right way, I'd be very thankful.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Autoplay not working on BV and FT
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 04, 19:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have SecuROM on your computer?

Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 05, 03:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know, got rid of it a while back as that was one of the suspects to why my game wasn't playable in the begiining, however, turned out it wasn't.

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't installed when this problem occured. Later, when I was clicking everything clickable on the CD, perhaps it got installed. Doubt that's the problem.. ?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 05, 05:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a typical SecuROM problem, but it's been known to screw with pretty much everything. If you're looking for possible causes, then that just might be it.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 05, 06:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may want to check it out as a possibility, seeing as all of the packs you said it didn't work with were all Securom infected packs, whereas the others that you said worked used the old protection Safedisc.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 05, 15:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.. alright, I'll check it out. =/

SecuROM would have been removed when I failed to install BV the first time.That is,  If it was a full remove.. or if some other game added it?
I didn't have any problems installing H&M stuff, and that's with SecuROM and I never ran the game, just installedt and everything else at the same time.

uh.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM
Just looked there and we have Bioshock on the computer. oh well.. *sigh*
I suppose its a scan for SecuROm and another removal then.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 05, 15:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this Autoplay Jelenedratry? You should never AUTOPLAY a CD, that is a good way to pick up nasty malware.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: