More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about vampires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about vampires  (Read 6604 times)
nothingbutsims
Question about vampires
« on: 2005 September 18, 23:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My female Sim got a little too friendly with Count so-and-so and well . . . the inevitable . . . he bit her (which was what I had hoped would happen cause I wanted to experience this).  Now, all of her stats are always in the green, she never needs to eat or use the bathroom or sleep or anything.  Is this normal for a vampire?  She's actually very boring to play.
Xav
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Question about vampires
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 23:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only in the night. It goes down faster than a normal sim in the day and even faster if the vampire goes outside. You have to let the vampire sleep in the coffin when the sun comes up.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 19, 01:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And the coffin freezes motives, too.  I like it myself, actually.  Very low-maintenance.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 19, 09:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't let a sim take a peek with a low bladder Wink

A proud thread pirate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 09:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this'll prove strangely convenient in E-Mail once the Nightlife-related rules get added in. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 09:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see - so another Sim can actually lift the coffin lid while the vamp is sleeping and literally get the pee scared out of him?!  I haven't tried that yet.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 19, 09:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep they can, they can also dare someone else to peek.

Actually vampires "bleh"ing at low bladdered sims can cause accidents also. Wink Doesn't work vampire to vampire, obviously.

A proud thread pirate.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 19, 10:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's actually very boring to play.

Very true indeed but very useful to study and max out skills.  Grin
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 19, 14:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that boring really, I set myself a challenge and vamped the entire of Pleasantview, or as much of it as I could. I was amused. However I can see how extended play with a vampire could be boring Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 10, 08:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SORRY to bring up an OLD thread, but rather than atart a new one, this thread seemed appropriate :-)

I have read a few threads about vampires on this site, but still am unable to become one.

when I do go out I have found a vampire and tried to caht him or her up in the hopes of getting bitten, but either the sun comes up and she dissappears or I just dont have enough time.

Any ideas on what I need to do in order to be "attractive" to a vampire Huh?

already have a whole house designed  but no vampire to live in it :-)

Thanks Guys

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 10, 08:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step 1 is just to make contact. Once you have contact, you can call up and invite over as usual. Alternatively, hunt in a group and simply "influence to bite". Simple.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 10, 17:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just call during the night, or else they get pissy about you bothering them while the rays of death are still on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 10, 17:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that vampires don't die of old age, so do they age at all? Will a Sim vamped as a teen remain a teen, or keep aging normally but not actually die of old age? Do vamps turn elder at all? Can elders be vamped? IIRC, children can't be vamped.

These questions may be behind the times, but I'm considering playing vamps for the first time. I've experimented with them in the past in old neighborhoods (sans awesome hacks), but haven't really played them since they appeared somewhat boring when I first messed with them. I remember having a vamp with a new baby and having problems caring for it during the day. I just can't remember whether she was vamped before, during, or after pregnancy.

Vamps are fertile but zombies aren't. Is that correct?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 10, 17:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that vampires don't die of old age, so do they age at all? Will a Sim vamped as a teen remain a teen, or keep aging normally but not actually die of old age? Do vamps turn elder at all? Can elders be vamped? IIRC, children can't be vamped.

These questions may be behind the times, but I'm considering playing vamps for the first time. I've experimented with them in the past in old neighborhoods (sans awesome hacks), but haven't really played them since they appeared somewhat boring when I first messed with them. I remember having a vamp with a new baby and having problems caring for it during the day. I just can't remember whether she was vamped before, during, or after pregnancy.

The only time that a vampire will age is if you send them to or away from college.  Otherwise, their age bar is frozen.  And, yes, vamps are fertile but not zombies.

ETA: Yes, elders can be vamped.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 10, 17:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adult and elder vamps do not age. I'm not sure about teen vamps -- only one I had was a townie teen who got bitten.  I sent her to Uni, where she became a YA vamp; then she became an adult vamp after she graduated; then she stopped aging. So I suspect teen playable vamps may age and transition to YAs or adults, just as teen zombies will (but I don't know for sure).

Correct.

btw, for my pregnant vamp, I invited a local elder to move in and act as nanny/housekeeper, since hired nannies could be so unpredictable.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 10, 17:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teen vampires only can and do age when sent to college, although they might also if instructed to 'Grow Up', I have not tried this,  otherwise they remain teen perpetually.  YA vampires age to adult when they leave college.  It is something of a vampire aging/non-aging conundrum.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 10, 19:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, since only Sims age teen and older can be vampires, vampirism is not hereditary, and babies born to vampires are completely normal (and even once they are teenagers must be bitten to be vamped).

Zombies, like vampires, also only age by way of college. (It must be kind of weird to have NL but not Uni and have teen vamps who can't grow up unless they're unvamped for a while.) It might also be possible to use aging hacks or cheats to age teen vamps and/or zombies into adults without unvamping them first, but I've never tried it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: