More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 18:01:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Why can't my sims work out sometimes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why can't my sims work out sometimes?  (Read 2401 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Why can't my sims work out sometimes?
« on: 2008 February 10, 12:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does "work out" not always appear for sims when clicking on the stereo? This happens to me with every stereo, and seems to be random. I thought perhaps it was because the sim was in a bad mood, and would refuse, but sims in a good mood can sometimes not get the option. (And sims in a bad mood get it but complain when you ask them to.) I thought they needed to be in the same room (I think they do actually) but sometimes even when they are in the same room it doesn't appear. Yes, the stereo is already on. My sims have not gained all their body points. And most confusing of all, it can work for a sim one day and not for the same sim in the same mood another day.

This has always happened and it's always bugged me. I have had it in these combinations:

Base game + uni
All except Pets & BV

Not to say it doesn't happen in other combinations, just that those are the ones I'm 100% sure it does happen in.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Why can't my sims work out sometimes?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 10, 12:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've wondered this too-I thought it was because the sim was sitting down when I tried to give the action, but like simsfreq said, it can vary. I only tend to get my sim-kids without body career rewards to use the work out option anyway so it isn't a big issue for me. I'd still like to know why it only works sporadically though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Why can't my sims work out sometimes?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 10, 13:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a bug. Maxis incorrectly invoked the Fun Object (Exit) function, which means even hovering over the stereo can queuestomp you without the intent of working out, and cause the action to randomly not appear. It is fixed in the updated version of Stereo Hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: