More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 05:47:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Database IS ready
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Database IS ready  (Read 49256 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Database IS ready
« Reply #100 on: 2005 November 08, 00:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've worked around the problem of multiple surnames by giving my households double barrelled names in the database, combining the family surname with the wife's maiden surname.  For example, I have three Gladstone families in one neighbourhood.  Lucas Gladstone married Kari McAuley.  So in the database I've recorded the household name as Gladstone-McAuley.  The others are recorded as Gladstone-Shankel and Gladstone-Frost.  The sims themselves are still surnamed Gladstone.

Actually I go into SimPE and rename my families (but not the sims) to match.  I rarely use the familyfunds cheat, but I'm hoping giving my families different names will make working with the familyfunds cheat easier.

I suppose I could have achieved the same effect by using Gladstone1, Gladstone2, etc.  But I grew up in a country town where people gossip in the style of 'Lucas Gladstone, the one who married the McAuley girl, well he .... ', so this seemed more natural to me.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 08, 01:03:50 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 November 08, 02:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this has been mentioned so forgive me if it has or forgive me if I'm missing something but I have a suggestion that I would love to see if it could be worked out.

Okay how do I explain this lol

I would like to be able to group my sims by neighborhood.  I know you can put what neighborhood they are located in..but you have to scroll through EVERY sim in every other neighborhood that you previously entered in order to get to the sim you are looking for.  For somebody who plays multiple 'hoods and multiple families, this can get a bit frusturating, especially as the # of sims you enter grows.  Same thing with families...I would like to be able to click on a family name or something and have the database be able to draw up that family.  I don't know if that one is possible or for that matter if the other one is either..but it would be really nice to see down the road.

I was taking a look at your site and in the discussion section it looks like somebody has mentioned this issue about the 'hoods so yeah..I think that is the same thing that I'm getting out.  Their solution to what they do is interesting and I might have to try their method for now.

Thanks. I'm enjoying this program by the way and can't wait to see future updates.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 November 08, 04:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but you have to scroll through EVERY sim in every other neighborhood that you previously entered in order to get to the sim you are looking for

The search button allows you to pull out only the records for a particular neighbourhood, or whatever combination of data you choose to search.  Much less scrolling, particularly as you can search on several items at once - such as blond adult romance sims in neighbourhood MyTown with a turn-on of red hair (if, for example, you're looking for a date for your red-haired romance sim who likes blonds). You can then flick backwards and forwards using "previous sim" and "next sim" through the sims that matched your search criteria.  The reports generated are based on the sims that matched your search criteria.

It took me a while of using the database before I figured this out - at first I was annoyed because I couldn't work out how to print a report for just one household. 

I understand wanting to have different neighbourhoods totally separate in the database as I'm the person who posted on Pegasys' forum about it.  I use separate folders for each neighbourhood, each one with the database unzipped into it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2005 November 08, 04:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes as Kyna mentioned, the Search button is very helpful in that regard - also the Household browser lets you first select the Neighborhood, then the household. I will look at easier ways to deal with different neighborhoods for the future. I am getting close to releasing the next beta version, I expect it will be this week. But already I have a few ideas for the release after that. 

One issue is that I have been spending more time on the database than playing the game and I have really only played in one neighborhood.  So I need to get busy populating another 'hood and see what happens when one has more and more Sims in multiple neighborhoods. I love having a charitable excuse for playing the game  Grin

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 November 08, 23:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha..the search button

LOL..sorry I'm still trying to figure out how to work everything.  I'm still just on the basics of entering sims and haven't really generated any reports or anything like that..now that I know about the search button and have figured it out...yes..that solves a few of my issues in and of itself lol

I think that will also help with the finding particular families and what not as well.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: